Menu
DSVC74
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Breach of contract - false selling

Has anyone else been mis-sold their Virgin contract? We were cold called by a rep called Andrew who said that Virgin would buy out the remainder of our Sky contract if we took out the top package. When wr have tried to get reimbursed for the Sky payments we are now being told that we were misinformed by the rep! 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Breach of contract - false selling

To my knowledge Virgin have never done this.

All sales calls should be recorded, so if you fill in a complaints form & have the date & time of the call it should be traceable.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DSVC74
Tuning in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

It was the landline that he rang on so I can't get the exact details. I do have his mobile phone number so hopefully the complaints department can access his records. Waiting for a phone call from them.

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

He wouldn't be ringing from a landline & most likely he was either in the Office or working at Home in which he will have a personal mobile supplied by Virgin and is still connected to a computer to allow call recording for quality etc. 

Totally misunderstood the post, as a reminder, complaints can take up to 28 days to be answered so do be patient. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
DSVC74
Tuning in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I spoke to a representative yesterday after being on hold for 45 minutes who said that a manager would definitely ring me back yesterday. Still waiting. Customer service is pretty poor. I haven't been given the opportunity to lodge my formal complaint as no one is getting back to me. I've had to pull out an extra £130 this month due to the original reps lie. Lying seems to be the one consistent thing with this company.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

offers of call back generally result in nothing - seems to be a method of ending the call which is slightly better than them hanging up on you so you need to ring again

Tony
0 Kudos
DSVC74
Tuning in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Virgin is an absolute disgrace. Apparently phone calls from their selling reps mobiles are not recorded and trying to speak to someone with authority is impossible. They've suspended our service as I have refused to pay their bill until my complaint is acknowledged. The website states that they will acknowledge a complaint within 48 hours and deal with it within 28 days. Complaint lodged on 23/9/20 and still waiting for even just a generic email of acknowledgement.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

you'll need to wait for the 28 days to expire, and if no resolution offered, request deadlock and take it to CISAS (assuming you logged the compaint via the correct methods as per the complaints procedure).

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/shop/downloads/J3085_Code_of_Pract...

to be fair, not sure how they could possibly record calls made from a mobile, and unless the person gave the standard message making you aware calls may be recorded then the call could not have legally been recorded.

with regards to you refusing to pay, suspending the service doesn't automatically mean they aren't still charging you. so you'll need to watch you don't end up with a debt being chased.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
DSVC74
Tuning in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I've finally got through to a manager who offered a £20 goodwill gesture and implied that I wasn't telling the truth. I refused the £20 and will be getting a deadlock letter which wll be going straight to CICAS. After the several conveniently unrecorded phone calls I recorded this call so if I don't receive the letter as promised I will have evidence of the lies that Virgin tells.

Very convenient that sales calls are not recorded and nothing is annotated on accounts about the promises that their cold-calling sales reps make.

Now that I have finally had acknowledgement of my complaint and have a recorded call of a deadlock letter I have made my payment and will take my case for reimbursement to CICAS.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

sales calls would be recorded if they were made on a landline within the virgin CS environment.
when taking it to CISAS you need to ensure you keep it strictly to the facts (with evidence to confirm), and leave out emotion and expectations.

fully document the chain of events, with dates/times etc
and state what your expected outcome is (make it reasonable).

however i dubious about whether you will get the requried outcome when it comes to the sky reimbursement. i don't recall virgin ever offering to but out a contract. this might be a case of your word against theirs.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos