cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bravia Google

Johnc111
Tuning in

As I couldn't link my Bravia Google tv through my wired and Wi-Fied network to the TV Box I aimed to set up tvgo on my tv. Got as far as inputting my user name and password and even got the first virgin media screen but could not access it because a splash told me to update my browser. Changed browser and got exactly the same problem. Any one with a solution?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What TV box do you have - is it a TiVo, V6 or TV360?

All of these boxes have an HDMI output, plug an HDMI lead into that, and connect the other end to an HDMI input on your TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

My smart TV is connected to the hub via wi-fi and ethernet. The problem is with the VirginMedia screen seems incapable of running on any known browser that my smart TV uses. Until the Virgin Media software accepts the screen and allows me access then I cannot sign up to tvgo. I am assuming that it is probably something more to do with the limited amount of terminals that Virgin Media allows one to have and the fact that one has to continually registerand re-register the same stuff. I am aware of how to connect a Tivo to a TV set.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Virgin TVGo app is designed for use only on portable devices and small screen computers.  It will not operate on a Smart TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Johnc111
Tuning in

I could not link to tvgo via wi-fi there was a problem that I have yet to work out which may be due to the Bravia using a Linux OS. I then properly installed the wired connection with a cat6 lead and managed to download the tvgo app via the tv, trouble is that it downloaded to my tablet. No obvious linux based app.