cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Before we leave

Anonymous
Not applicable

Before we decide to leave VM can anyone tell us what is the smallest package although this year has been without doubt the worst one ever with VM including VM losing a lot of my emails the complaint ended up with VM paying my bill and now on top of all that for the last 4 weeks the wi-fi signal from router to TV is not working properly despite being told there is no problem 

If anyone is able to help now us now is the time as our contract expires in 7 weeks.

Thanks for any help 

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

It's not clear what it is you want help with here. Are you wanting help with finding a new VM package with minimum services or minimum cost? Or do you need help fixing your wi-fi problem?

What are you asking when you refer to the 'smallest package'? You can have a broadband-only connection with VM (although VM's bundle pricing means it could be more expensive than broadband bundled with another service).

If 'this year has been without doubt the worst one ever with VM' then you should maybe look around at what your other options are rather than signing up for another minimum term with VM.

Cardiffman282
Super solver

You had decided to leave VM back in April and had already identified who you were switching to https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Poor-service-again/td-p/5299359

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Goslow we already are looking and a similar package with Sky and including Netflix is only £39 and fixing the wi-fi problem would be nice but VM are saying nothing is wrong.

Smallest package would be TV broadband and phone however we cannot find any prices and as VM treat loyal customers like @#%& I  have been a loyal customer for over 10 years  so can't be treated like a new customer 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes but unlike VM we stick to our contract -which expires in 7 weeks or so

goslow
Alessandro Volta

On the VM website I can see (using a non-VM connection) this, which looks like the 'minimum' of BB+Tel+TV

'Big Bundle'
M250 BB
Weekend chatter
100+ TV channels
£31.99 p.m. 18 months for new customers
£72 p.m. month 19 onwards

IIRC, VM does hide away new customer deals on virginmedia.com for those using VM BB connections. You have to hunt to find them (via the page footer links on virginmedia.com IIRC in the 'packages' links in the page footer)

So your current price of £60 is within that range and your new price of £94 (mentioned in your other post today) is way above that. Your new customer price with Sky is significantly better at £39.

VM absolutely loves existing 'loyal' customers who keep renewing, even though VM has provided only sub-standard service.

If you give your 30 days notice you might get a call back from VM retentions with a better offer but there is no guarantee at all that will happen and it is usually advised on here to make sure you have marketing options on in MVM to allow such a call to happen.

VM will always charge you the maximum it thinks it can get away with. You have the option to haggle with VM for a better deal or to leave. If you cancel, VM might make you a better offer or you can go elsewhere and come back to VM in the future and be a 'new' customer once again with new customer pricing.

Doesn't really seem too much deciding to do in light of your consistently-poor experiences with VM and its high renewal pricing.

For your wi-fi connectivity issue, I'd suggest you make a topic in the 'Networking and Wifi' forum just on that individual issue as that forum is more tech-orientated and 'Community Natter' is more just for chat on general topics.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had a chat with VM and they offered me a deal just £61 a month ??!! this will be the last post I put out here

Happy New year everyone 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol already spoken to sky things will be sorted shortly need to do 30 days  notice  on VM after 11+ year's it's probably time to change anyway