cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIG Mistake

johndm
Superfast

So, after the recent price rises, decided to end our contract and switch to BT 900

BT installation Engineer missed THREE confirmed appointments, finally installed just before our Virgin 1 gig was due to disconnect.

BT service kept disconnecting at random, every day for 6 days causing issues with all my smart stuff.

Told by BT to put their router on, half my stuff would not run properly, doorbell refused to work at all.

They arranged to send a tech expert around on day 15 of my new service, meaning I would then be locked in for 24 months, they then slipped in an email to say the visit would be costing us £40

Luckily Virgin allows a new contract with another person at the same address immediately after cancellation, so was in my wife’s name, now in mine.

Was able to get Virgin 1 gig back and running after suffering just 7 days with the faulty BT service, everything back up and running perfectly.

Even got a new hub 5 out of the deal as a bonus 

So, better the Devil you know, won’t be considering BT again 

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Alessandro Volta

"Even got a new hub 5 out of the deal as a bonus"
- Hub 5 is far more of a drawback than a bonus !

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Better the devil you know!

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Only in modem mode, but less conspicuous than that chunky hub4 with the green searchlight 😂