Menu
Lathwell
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BBC i player and YouTube not working

Some of my apps have stopped working, BBC I player and YouTube.  I am also having issues on one of my computers not discovering the WiFi anymore. This happened on Tuesday. 

I ran a test and it says everything in my area is fine. 

help

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC i player and YouTube not working

Good Morning

Thanks for your post.

It sounds like maybe either the 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz bandwidths has been disabled in the modem settings. You would expect to see a loss of all on demand services on the V6 if it had lost its WiFi connection though.

Try performs a 30 second pin reset on the modem and then reboot the V6 box and try again to see if it works. The other devices should also be able to reconnect again after trying this.

Hope this helps 

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What devices are you trying to use these apps on?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Packet
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Am also having trouble with iPlayer trying to watch on an iMac 10.14 Mojave. BBC website seems to switch between BBC.com and BBC.co.uk. When on BBC.com iPlayer thinks my ip address is outside UK even though region set to NE and Cumbria. Any way round this?

0 Kudos