Menu
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 61 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Re: As this Forum changed recently?

@chenks wrote:
which begs the question then, if the sole purpose of the virgin reps on here is to re-direct them to dedicated chat, why even bother with the forum in the first place?

it seems to be just adding an extra step to an already annoying process.

so that you and i [maybe] can bring our intellect to the place

Tony
0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 62 of 72
Flag for a moderator

@-tony- wrote:

@chenks wrote:
which begs the question then, if the sole purpose of the virgin reps on here is to re-direct them to dedicated chat, why even bother with the forum in the first place?

it seems to be just adding an extra step to an already annoying process.

so that you and i [maybe] can bring our intellect to the place

i'm not sure i'd put any value on that Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 63 of 72
Flag for a moderator

If offshore support is a problem the only answer is a free 150/151 call to offshore and make a 0845 number to second-line UK support. You use it you pay for it.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 64 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Making calls to offshore support free won't make offshore support any better. It's a problem for VM management to resolve.

Also, you don't want people calling T2 support. What you need is good T1 staff who would gather information and resolve basic problems but pass other problems to T2. I spent years doing T2-type applications support and I certainly would not have wanted my precious time and expertise being wasted in taking customer calls. Once I had a resolution, which could entail liaising with T3 people from other areas such as operations, database or networks, I'd update the ticket and pass it back to T1.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
shawty1984
Rising star
Message 65 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Prime example of the change here.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Pixelation-on-HD-channels-again/td-p/3962851

I think we can say goodbye to the forums as we used to know them. 

DazzerG
Dialled in
Message 66 of 72
Flag for a moderator

@Kev_B wrote:
I'm the only person who's relocated to take up a role in Manchester.

Quite apart from the 48hr+ delayed replies that say things such as "How are things now" or "Are you still experiencing the issue", there appears to be a distinct lack of training and/or knowledge with regard to what is and isn't acceptable to post in these Forums.

Users identified as senior Community members are being allowed to abuse people asking for assistance in the Help Forums which, as well as driving people away, is a contravention of the Forum Rules.  These posts have remained on the Boards, untouched, so it's clear that currently the system isn't functioning as it should.

Do we know what is going wrong with this, and why?

chenks
Community elder
Message 67 of 72
Flag for a moderator

@DazzerG wrote:
Users identified as senior Community members are being allowed to abuse people asking for assistance in the Help Forums which, as well as driving people away, is a contravention of the Forum Rules.  These posts have remained on the Boards, untouched, so it's clear that currently the system isn't functioning as it should.

care to point out some examples?

0 Kudos
DazzerG
Dialled in
Message 68 of 72
Flag for a moderator

@DazzerG wrote:

@Kev_B wrote:
I'm the only person who's relocated to take up a role in Manchester.

Quite apart from the 48hr+ delayed replies that say things such as "How are things now" or "Are you still experiencing the issue", there appears to be a distinct lack of training and/or knowledge with regard to what is and isn't acceptable to post in these Forums.

Discussing moderation in the forums would itself be a contravention of the Rules so this will be taken forward, offline.

Thanks

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 69 of 72
Flag for a moderator

@DazzerG wrote:
Discussing moderation in the forums would itself be a contravention of the Rules so this will be taken forward, offline.

well you did bring it up!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 70 of 72
Flag for a moderator

@DazzerG wrote:

@DazzerG I think the speed of staff responses is faster than it was in the past, when it could be over a week, but the quality needs improving and from what I'm seeing it is... slowy.

If you feel that any member of the community, senior or otherwise, is being abusive then you should use the "Flag for a moderator" link which is available on all posts to highlight the abuse.

Alternatively I would be happy to assist you with this via PM if you think that would be helpful.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos