Menu
Dave_cq
Community elder
Message 51 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Re: As this Forum changed recently?

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

The fact that call centre staff are clueless isn't their fault; the blame lies 100% with Virgin Media management. Everone needs to be put through a proper training scheme which could takes weeks, but it's quite obvious that this hasn't been done.

I also think that part of the problem with the Indian call centre is cultural in that Indians don't seem to like to admit that they don't know, which would explain the large number of nonsensical explanations they've given to VM customers. Here's a radical thought: how about VM doing what BT is doing which is closing overseas call centres due to poor customer service and having all call centre work being done in the UK by 2020?

That would be a very good start to recovering trust in the VM brand Roger.  Too many offshore call centres are now tainted with the suspicion of phishing, scamming and phone abuse.  Time to wipe the dirty slate clean and get a proper safe and reliable customer service based in the UK.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 52 of 72
Flag for a moderator

'Time to wipe the dirty slate clean and get a proper safe and reliable customer service based in the UK'

not happening is it. the costs are enormous compared to hiring a building in the outskirts of delhi and paying staff a fraction of typical uk staff wages and little benefits.

companies know they will lose some customers because they use an overseas call centre, but that loss versus the monies gained operating overseas is worth it.

for the record, a few years ago a company i worked for wanted to transfer a very high profile client to india. i was dead against it and as i was the manager of the day to day contract i spoke to the client during a meeting about it. the upshot was the client threatened to terminate the contract. i was safe though as had they done so the client would have given me a job with them.

i fully understand the logic of overseas call centres. they are cheap, very cheap. cheap rental, cheap staff, little staff legal protection, staff that work long hours without complaint. the list goes on. to be fair though, i have had nearly as many personal issues with uk call centres as those overseas.

0 Kudos
vircom
Super solver
Message 53 of 72
Flag for a moderator

I am probably wrong but would not be surprised if there were strong incentives/penalties to encourage agents to report the call as successful and not to refer the caller to 2nd line support (assuming that still exists?).
0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Knows their stuff
Message 54 of 72
Flag for a moderator

You are your own system administrator (causing untold difficulties for new users/folk on here) - if Windows gets borked you fix it yourself or hope that someone else has and posted it online somewhere (and that your innernets work).  When I registered Windows 95d back in 1998, I received a letter saying that I had one free call to Uncle Bill (at the time) - which was promptly wasted with "Have you turned it on and off?".  Follow up calls were £25 a pop (as stated on the letter).

Instead of getting with life such as taking the kids out on the park (or sleeping), 1000's of years of lives are wasted faffing about with borked Windows/phones etc and other first world nonsense.Smiley Indifferent

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 55 of 72
Flag for a moderator

@MrHalfAsleep wrote:

You are your own system administrator (causing untold difficulties for new users/folk on here) - if Windows gets borked you fix it yourself or hope that someone else has and posted it online somewhere (and that your innernets work).  When I registered Windows 95d back in 1998, I received a letter saying that I had one free call to Uncle Bill (at the time) - which was promptly wasted with "Have you turned it on and off?".  Follow up calls were £25 a pop (as stated on the letter).

Instead of getting with life such as taking the kids out on the park (or sleeping), 1000's of years of lives are wasted faffing about with borked Windows/phones etc and other first world nonsense.Smiley Indifferent

Really not sure what relevance this has to the current topic.

When it comes to our homes, we are technically our own network administrators, but when the problem lies with our providers i.e. Virgin Media then the problem needs dealing with appropriately by them.  There are for example people on the Forum whose DOCSIS connection is clearly out of whack.  Should they not be able to come here and have a reasonable expectation of support?

Tim

Edit Besides system administrators need to have some means of updating their knowledge if they get out of their depth.  This Forum is a great tool in helping those who are having problems.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

chenks
Community elder
Message 56 of 72
Flag for a moderator

@ravenstar68 wrote:
Should they not be able to come here and have a reasonable expectation of support?

whilst i agree, i'm not sure the forum is deemed a primary method for gaining customer support. it's supplmental to the main contact method.

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 57 of 72
Flag for a moderator

James_W, Community Manager (Retired) confirmed years ago (circa 2012) that this forum is an official Virgin Media support portal.

Since then I have seen no official announcement to suggest that this is no longer the case.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 58 of 72
Flag for a moderator

@Sololobo wrote:
James_W, Community Manager (Retired) confirmed years ago (circa 2012) that this forum is an official Virgin Media support portal.

Since then I have seen no official announcement to suggest that this is no longer the case.

there's a difference between something being an official support portal and it being the primary method of support.
too many people jump on here reporting an issue and expecting to get an immediate response from someone that can fix it - that's clearly never going to happen. telephone call centre is always going to be the primary method of support contact - even more so now with the drastic drop in quality contributions from virgin staff.

Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 59 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Hi griffin,

I think to answer both questions in one - the chat link generated via community puts members through to a chat team that sits within our department. It's entirely separate from the usual chat option and specifically exists to pick up queries from here.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

chenks
Community elder
Message 60 of 72
Flag for a moderator

which begs the question then, if the sole purpose of the virgin reps on here is to re-direct them to dedicated chat, why even bother with the forum in the first place?

it seems to be just adding an extra step to an already annoying process.
0 Kudos