Menu
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 41 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Re: As this Forum changed recently?

I know it's been said before, but how poor is it for the forum team members to be given a script which says "Call the chat line" - which is usually unmanned.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 42 of 72
Flag for a moderator

It is all getting a bit ott, new batches of new Forum Team members nearly everyday with just one aim - push people back to either phoning in/online chat or text service, not offering any slightest bit of help via this forum 😞

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 43 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Hey all,

It's true we've made some changes to community recently, I'd like to add a little info to hopefully help understand what's different.

We do have new members on the Forum Team - we have transitioned our team from Swansea to Manchester and incorporated a partner team offshore into the overall Forum Team.

Regarding web chat, this is a new function we've built into community. When we tell people we can do something via online chat, it's actually producing a unique link for them to access the service. These chats are then dealt with by members of the Forum Team, we're using this as an alternative to private messaging. We trialed this with our team in Swansea last year and had an overwhelmingly positive response, which is why we've decided to incorporate it into community further.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

chenks
Community elder
Message 44 of 72
Flag for a moderator

in most cases though, it's actually better to respond and communicate via the actual forum thread.
this means that people with the same or similar problems can see the threads and see the possible solutions before having to resort to creating a new thread.

the default responses at the moment seem to be "is this still an issue" and "please send a text". those responses don't equate to a "community" in my eyes.
Dave_cq
Community elder
Message 45 of 72
Flag for a moderator

@Kev_B wrote:

Hey all,

It's true we've made some changes to community recently, I'd like to add a little info to hopefully help understand what's different.

We do have new members on the Forum Team - we have transitioned our team from Swansea to Manchester and incorporated a partner team offshore into the overall Forum Team.

That just sends cold shudders down my spine.   More offshore dross!

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
teabag
Superstar
Message 46 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Kev_B

Congratulations on your new position 🙂

Problem I see for myself is, over the years I've been around here, I have learnt a lot and hopefully managed to help others by doing so - with that learning curve now being taken away from posts on here, it's looking less and less appealing to hang around anymore 😞

Regarding the Web/online chat, that has not been available for mobile customers for a longtime, has that now changed ??.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 47 of 72
Flag for a moderator

What gets me also is previously the forum team could tell if we were connected and how well in this new set up they can't.

Also they took ownership of a persons problem and got a successful solution.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 48 of 72
Flag for a moderator

@Kev_B wrote:

Hey all,

Regarding web chat, this is a new function we've built into community. When we tell people we can do something via online chat, it's actually producing a unique link for them to access the service. These chats are then dealt with by members of the Forum Team, we're using this as an alternative to private messaging. We trialed this with our team in Swansea last year and had an overwhelmingly positive response, which is why we've decided to incorporate it into community further.

How does this unique link differ from the general online chat?
Does the link lead to the same Team as the General Online Chat team?

0 Kudos
cje85
Problem sorter
Message 49 of 72
Flag for a moderator

@dnpark38 wrote:

What gets me also is previously the forum team could tell if we were connected and how well in this new set up they can't.

Also they took ownership of a persons problem and got a successful solution.

The current level of service is terrible. I'm not convinced the new team (especially the offshore ones) really know anything about cable/DOCSIS. They are little more than bots posting links to help articles on the VM website.

There's a thread in the Speed forum at present with someone posting connection stats that clearly show a large number of errors on certain channels. It should be easy for anyone with a bit of knowledge to determine that the customer's connection has a noise problem. Instead one of the new team simply posted a link to WiFi tips. 

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 50 of 72
Flag for a moderator

The fact that call centre staff are clueless isn't their fault; the blame lies 100% with Virgin Media management. Everone needs to be put through a proper training scheme which could takes weeks, but it's quite obvious that this hasn't been done.

I also think that part of the problem with the Indian call centre is cultural in that Indians don't seem to like to admit that they don't know, which would explain the large number of nonsensical explanations they've given to VM customers. Here's a radical thought: how about VM doing what BT is doing which is closing overseas call centres due to poor customer service and having all call centre work being done in the UK by 2020?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection