Menu
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 11 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Re: As this Forum changed recently?

Do we not have any "moles" in Wythenshawe?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Community elder
Message 12 of 72
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:

They are still awaiting local council licences to dig their mole holes     Smiley LOL

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 13 of 72
Flag for a moderator

@Dave_cq wrote:

@jbrennand wrote:

They are still awaiting local council licences to dig their mole holes     Smiley LOL

Boom, boom... Smiley Happy

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 14 of 72
Flag for a moderator

The very last thing VM needs at the moment is reduced customer service. Advertising faster download speeds won't win or retain customers if lower speeds are not properly supported.

jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 15 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Has that message been conveyed to the VM Marketing Department?

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Community elder
Message 16 of 72
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:

Yes.  The reply was 'Have you tried turning it off and on again?'

Electron
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 17 of 72
Flag for a moderator

@Dave_cq wrote:

@jbrennand wrote:

You are on fine form today ! Smiley Happy

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Community elder
Message 18 of 72
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:

@Dave_cq wrote:

@jbrennand wrote:

You are on fine form today ! Smiley Happy

It must be something to do with me tucking in to my 70th birthday present of Highland Park single malt whisky ... hic wibble!    Smiley Very Happy

Electron
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 19 of 72
Flag for a moderator

I don't know if anyone remembers threads like this from last May

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Virgin-Media-to-close-Swansea-Customer-Service...

well as the saying goes, the pigeons have now come home to roost.  While there are still a few staff at Swansea, it is very much in wind down mode with active operations now in Manchester.

We've lost another two Forum Managers in James and Aaron, and virtually ALL the Forum Team, including those with second tier support experience.  What we're seeing on the Forums now is the result of that.  A new inexperienced team learning the ropes.

Will they improve?

I have no doubt that over time that they will, but quite frankly, right now, I am despondent, and I am angry.

Lets make one thing clear.  I don't actually blame the new Forum Team members and I am certainly hopeful that over the next few months that things will improve, but the posting style would appear to demonstrate the thrust of their initial training.  Social media customer service service orientated posts with little substance.

One would hope that at the very least they would have access to the same tools that 1st line support have, but from their posts it would appear that they have little understanding of when and how to use those tools, (note - this is a personal opinion and should not be taken as a fact).

I know that @Kev_B is working hard with the new Forum Team, and I wish him well, but to be frank, IMHO someone at Virgin Media screwed the pooch royally.  They failed to understand just what they had at Swansea and as such they also failed to ensure that they would have staff with the same experience level manning the Forum's in Manchester.

Already missing the old faces especially Jen, Nic, John and Ralph as we've "worked" well together in the past to identify problems and get them raised up to the relevant teams.  I'm especially going to miss Jen and Nic's work on the email boards, with them, we've also lost a vital tool that helped with diagnosing email problems - them being able to look at users SMTP logs was really useful especially when it came to problems with mail clients which don't really tell you what you need to know (such as iOS and Android).

all I can say is this.

Farewell old Forum Team

Long live the new Forum.

On a final note  I would like to say that even the old Forum Team's interactions didn't necessarily all come at once, so let's give it time and see what happens.

To the new Forum Team I would say this.

You've got some pretty big shoes to fill guys, make us proud or I will be coming down on you like a ton of bricks.

Seriously though, If you've got time take back and look at some of the past threads, you'll see that the Superusers and other helpful users on here aren't your enemy, we're a tool that can help you should you pay attention to what's being said.  Use that tool well and things will no doubt improve.

I do look forward to ultimately having a good "working" relationship with you all, if I moan in a thread I will try and be constructive rather than just bring you down.  How you deal with it is down to you, but I will not let this backslide in the quality of the Forum Team responses persist.

Going forward I do genuinely wish the Forum Team all the best in their new role, and I will still be there if you need help.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 20 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Happy Birthday @Dave_cq 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped