Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Appalling customer service!!!!!

Why is Virgin's customer service so disgracefully appalling!! Absolute joke of a company! They really haven't a clue what they are doing!!! Can't wait to no longer be a customer of theirs!! Shocking service from day one!

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Appalling customer service!!!!!

Hello

If you can post what your problem is here then maybe the community forum can help you get your problem resolved.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Where do I start!!!! Been trying to cancel my broadband since the 1st July as contract ends at the end of the month. Spent 5 hours on live chat got nowhere with the uselss idiots that work on that side of things! Spent an hour on hold on the phone didn't get to speak to anyone either. Sent them an email no acknowledgement received from Virgin!! I have never dealt with such a terriblecompany in all my life! Now to top it off the incompetent fools have sent me a mobile phone sim card I didn't order so Spent another 3 hours on live chat trying to sort that out!!! Once again got nowhere so I've now cancelled my direct debit and they can swivel for my final payment which is due at the end of the month for the hours of inconvenience I've experienced!!

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

VM do not have an email address.

your contract gives you 2 ways to cancel. by phone or by post.

Not paying/cancelling will end up hurting you alot more than VM. you'll end up with a black mark on your credit file and debt collections knocking at your door

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but I'll take that chance pal. I will make a formal complaint to their regulators regarding the non existent customer service and the hours of time I've wasted with this amateur company! Total contrast to the way Sky treat their customers!  Besides someone with half a brain at Virgin Media will soon contact me once they don't receive their payment!! Seems to be the only way 

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

No they wont soon contact you if you dont pay. It will auto black mark your credit file as a "defaulting payer" and no-one decent will touch you for a new BB contract, mortgage, credit card, loan, etc etc until it has been removed. Ultimately they will simply offload the debt to a collection agency who will certainly be soon to contact you.

The sensible thing to do is leave the DD in place until its all resolved and then cancel in writing and/or call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone) - follow options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" when you will get through to the people who can help you sort it.

Calling at 08.00 midweek -- is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits.

But its your call of course.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

@BEEFMARKY wrote:

Besides someone with half a brain at Virgin Media will soon contact me once they don't receive their payment!! Seems to be the only way 

no they won't. the only person that will contact you is a debt collector.
be sure to tell them how much of a brain they have when they are knocking on your door.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Same here, trying to contact them since April and no success online chat they leave when they want and it connects to next ignorant. On the phone someone with hearing problems and no clue what is going on getting connected to next person = putting phone down. They charge me for services they didn't provide. and i agree 'black spot' etc cannot be used towards genuine customers by companies that rip the customers off. Point is we can do take all our money back through bank for fraudulent sales. who cares about what thief can do to my credit, if government allows it then they take part in it, right? 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

I haven't got another 3 hours to sit on hold on phone thanks. They'll soon come running to me when they realise I owe them money believe me

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Good to see it isn't just me that knows how terrible virgin are! Sure there are thousands of us out there  but unfortunately they've got a few people on here giving bad advice! I'm guessing they are Virgin Media employees