Menu
michaellambert
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Anyone know how you leave Virgin?

I have finally decided to switch to BT for a much faster and much cheaper deal. Having been with Virgin for twenty years I find I am being charged more and more every year and am sick of paying a loyalty penalty for a service which is not very good. (Box needs re-booting at east twice a week at the moment although that is not why I am leaving).

Anyway, how do you tell them you are leaving. There is a premium line number with an asterix directing you to 34 pages of call costs for you to waste even more time on. Otherwise I suppose you can write them a letter. Or I could just stop my Direct Debit.

In any event they seem determined to make it as difficult and as time wasting as possible for you to leave.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anyone know how you leave Virgin?

Sending a letter is on option.  Cancelling the DD would be a bad idea in terms of the potential effect on your credit rating.

The recommended contact details currently are:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Or phone customer services on the non premium rate number:

The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi michaellambert,

If you decide to cancel by letter then you can write to VM to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

EDIT.  If you have a telephone line with VM and want to keep the same number, make sure you don't cancel the ladnline until the number has been ported, ask your new supplier to port the number. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Andrew3651
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

[Edited] Thought you couldn't leave by calling, but realise now you can. I'll butt out 🙂

0 Kudos