Menu
laramie4303
Dialled in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Anyone know how to reach anyone in the Where's CNN forum?

Anyone know how to reach Steve in the other forum, the one about What happened to CNN?, the forum which was discontinued today without notice because we were off-topic too much?    I got an email from VM referring me here.    Hard to make friends in a forum which suddenly vanishes.   

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Rising star
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anyone know how to reach anyone in the Where's CNN forum?

CNN is pulling out of UK market and turning to a subscription only service, outside of the US

CNN Is Leaving Freesat And Virgin Media: Here’s Why | Cord Busters

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@laramie4303 wrote:

Anyone know how to reach Steve in the other forum, the one about What happened to CNN?, the forum which was discontinued today without notice because we were off-topic too much?    I got an email from VM referring me here.    Hard to make friends in a forum which suddenly vanishes.   

This community is not designed to be an online dating site.  If you want to contact Steve1701 click on his profile page and send him a Private Message.  That way your discussions are kept confidential and not published online for anyone in the world with internet access to read.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

laramie4303
Dialled in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but that's not what I meant.   We had a whole group on a VM forum about that topic since they announced they weren't carrying CNN anymore.   We didn't exchange email addresses and a couple of us chatted on the forum regularly.   VM just shut down the forum without notice because, as they said in an email they sent,  we were talking off topic too much.  I don't think that had ever been made clear as a requirement.    Makes me sad to lose contact with new friends with whom we'd spoken regularly for some time now.   Had no idea they were going to shut it down. 

Now I miss CNN AND the new friends with whom I shared that information loss.     

0 Kudos
laramie4303
Dialled in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If CNN is subscription only, can individuals subscribe?   I'd heard it was pretty much only available over here in expensive hotels.   

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Rising star
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I think its through their website CNN Live UK | CNN 

Rich

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences
0 Kudos
laramie4303
Dialled in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Not looking for a dating site.  Men and women can be friends.  This IS the 21st century!    I have no idea how to find anyone's 'profile page' on a site that no longer opens.   

0 Kudos
laramie4303
Dialled in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Rich.   Will that subscription site carry the regulars we used to watch?   Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo....   What's happening with him?   I  heard he was having some troubles.   If I'd said 'The usual gang of idiots', you'd know I used to read Mad Magazine as a kid.    

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@laramie4303 

This page may help - it's the Community FAQ's. Scroll down the page and the highlighted sections in red explain PM's.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/participation/title/pm 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
Buffer6
Hero
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@laramie4303 if you want to have an off-topic conversation with someone,

left-click on their name in red and underlined on the left side column

SEND MSG.jpg

Then in the menu, click on send Message