Menu
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Angry People

anyone noticed an increase in the number of angry people on here? i'm not talking about obvious complaints, but threats to ditch equipment, cancel direct debits and a clear tone of anger and dismissing help. 

i have noticed it on other forums too and on social media, certainly since COVID started. it has got far worse though the past couple of weeks.

a friend of mine in a call centre said she is getting shocking abuse multiple times a day now from both men and women. 

just an observation. 

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Angry People

just the usual telephone and keyboard warriors.
they would never act the same way if the person they were talking to was in front of them.

these are the same people that throw about insults, but when they receive it back they take great offence

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I used to work in retail and it's saddening how some people treat other human beings.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

yep just have to look at my PM to see 🙂 lots of people getting blocked in 2021 🙂
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes I have noticed it on here people seem more confrontational and want to start arguments over the least little things. Regards Micky
MrHalfAsleep
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@jamesofmerton wrote:

anyone noticed an increase in the number of angry people on here? i'm not talking about obvious complaints, but threats to ditch equipment, cancel direct debits and a clear tone of anger and dismissing help. 

i have noticed it on other forums too and on social media, certainly since COVID started. it has got far worse though the past couple of weeks.

a friend of mine in a call centre said she is getting shocking abuse multiple times a day now from both men and women. 

just an observation. 

A response to an observation:

• threats to ditch equipment;

The equipment isn't theirs to ditch. 

• cancel direct debits;

This doesn't terminate the contract and will cause a default to be chased up by a debt collection agency. Credit scores will take a dive.

• a clear tone of anger;  

This could be construed as harassment (call centre staff should refer matters to their team leaders).  I used to work for a govt call centre and this sort of thing happened quite a lot.  One female staff member was reduced to tears.

• a friend of mine in a call centre said she is getting shocking abuse multiple times a day now from both men and women;

This is harassment.  Again, call centre staff should refer matters to their team leaders.

• dismissing help.

The problem doesn't get solved.

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
Some video posts may contain swearing/inappropriate content for young children

π
Dancampbell1978
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi James,

As a person that has recently "experienced" the quality of VM customer service, it's no wonder that some people are angry. 13 hours of live chat over 2 days wasted and hours on hold to get through to people, and when you do get hold of them they are only looking to get you off the call ASAP and not help.  

I work in a customer facing role in my job, and for me the most important thing is customer experience.  I have to recognise that if you offer the right experience customers stay with you a long time.  However, if the experience is bad you either loose customers, or have to discount heavily to keep them.  Now VM's customer service is beyond poor, and they are forcing a price increase on existing customers which now puts them as probably the most expensive provider in the market.  Where is the motivation for people to be polite and calm if they wait hours on hold, and not even an apology for the wait, or that the live chat isn't fit for purpose.  A customers manner will always reflect the experience that they face with a company, it's that simple.

I'm not just on here as a "keyboard warrior" but actually wanting to see if I'll be able to raise it with Ofcom once we get past the 28 days of my complaint being raised.  It's not just about being passively angry, but finding a way for them to force a company to improve the services that they offer.  If people just accept that customer service is poor then it will never improve.  

Anyway, that's my thoughts on your post.

Kr

Dan

Tags (1)
HughJarsse
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Absolutely spot on Dancampbell1978, and as such, probably the most honest explanation for peoples frustration. 

VM's laughably named 'customer service' was a disgrace BEFORE covid, but has now descended into a complete and utter joke...

Absolutely no 'service' at all, in any way, shape, and form.

People come on here to vent their feelings because...there is NO OTHER WAY...Phone...don't make me laugh...hours and hours on the phone, on hold, or being passed from dept to dept, then cut off...(ps. yes, tried the  famous '8am - 10am'  great idea that was, an HOUR later....still waiting!!)

Text service? That's a laugh that is...texts never get a reply....24, 36, 48 hours later....ZERO..

Stores are all closed, so no chance of even standing for an hour there, no longer exists..

This forum,  Plenty of 'other users' happy to comment when someone at the end of their tether vents their spleen, having tried every other means of communication, but sadly, 'staff' sit back and wait a week or so before coming up with the usual b/s like' sorry to hear you have a problem, have you managed to contact our customer service yet?' before disappearing into the ether, never to be heard form again, despite the poster replying..

Even official complaints, no matter either via the online forms or by written (recorded delivery) even don't get anything more than a 'standard scripted reply' stating

' We’re just writing to let you know that we have received your complaint regarding the recent problems you have been experiencing.
Firstly, we will look into your complaint and try to get back to you with our findings and offer of resolution as quickly as we can. Please allow up to 28 days for us to fully investigate your complaint.'

They NEVER get back to you...I have 2 complaints still not replied to, one 6 weeks, and the other now over 8 weeks, (waiting for the deadlock letter I have now asked for) 

Lastly, that 'get rid of you' ploy by phone agents 'I/we will get someone to call you back shortly'  Biggest LIE ever..this is really shorthand for 'I can't be bothered to waste any more time talking to you, as your problem is not covered by my script, so I need to get shot of you as fast as possible' 

Never, ever had any sort of 'callback' from this bunch of muppets, in all the years I have been promised one...

So, there you have the TRUE reason most people are complaining on here, because the TRUTH is, VM are WORSE than useless, (except for increasing prices, and helping themselves to your bank account each month, to pay their wages), whilst treating you like something the dog brought in!!! 

spgray
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@Dancampbell1978 wrote:

I work in a customer facing role in my job, and for me the most important thing is customer experience.  I have to recognise that if you offer the right experience customers stay with you a long time.  However, if the experience is bad you either loose customers, or have to discount heavily to keep them.  Now VM's customer service is beyond poor, and they are forcing a price increase on existing customers which now puts them as probably the most expensive provider in the market.  Where is the motivation for people to be polite and calm if they wait hours on hold, and not even an apology for the wait, or that the live chat isn't fit for purpose.  A customers manner will always reflect the experience that they face with a company, it's that simple.

ok, so as you are in a customer facing role, how do you feel when someone shouts and argues with you when you are speaking to them?
you seem to be saying that it's acceptable for them to be abusive to the person they are speaking to.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Dancampbell1978
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I don't get shouted at as I don't deliver a poor level of customer service. I hold the customer in too high a regard to ever experience that. From day 1 of dealing with a customer, their expectations are MY benchmark for the level of service that I need to offer. Customer and client satisfaction are 100% the only reason that any business can trade.
If a customer does have any issue, then I listen carefully to it, take full ownership of it, and make sure that it's dealt with, and also keep them informed all the way through the process.
If you empower a member of staff to fix a persons issues without the need for a call back then they are left satisfied. If you have to arrange a call back, then make sure it happens, and the customer will remain satisfied because you delivered on what you said you would. If neither of these are delivered then a customer is left dissatisfied, and results in escalation of anger when they call back. Poor communication and no communication are some of the biggest issues that a company can face.
If a company like VM don't empower their staff to allow them to address issues then they will always fight a loosing battle of ever escalating complaints, which then ties up the staff that could be helping customers in escalated issues instead of dealing with them at the first point that they are raised. A massive waste of resource, which I'm sure they could then put to better use.