Menu
Barnsleybird
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Am I being ripped off

So I’ve been with virgin ever since it was first installed in the area as telewest, and as a long standing customer always miss out on the deals when new bundles come out. I’ve had the full package for years paying roughly £145 ish a month for all tv channels plus sports and movies 70 broadband and call weekends, I’ve finally decided to get the ultimate oomph bundle. I’ve noticed that new customers get it for around £89 a month then £139 a month after 12 months yet I’ve just been quoted £151 a month I understand I wasn’t going to get it for the £89 a month as existing customers never get decent offers but surely I should get it for the £139 

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Am I being ripped off

are you sure it's an exact like-for-like comparison?
0 Kudos
Barnsleybird
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes the oomph ultimate package 

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

call up CS and request that you want the upgrade, but for the current advertised full price.
0 Kudos
Andruser
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sign up with the Sky equivalent.  When the Sky discount vanishes, join BT with their couch potato* TV package.  Then back to Virgin Media, rinse and repeat.  You should be always on the max discount, and you'd be saving around £550 a year.  Year after year after year.

Because you're a loyal customer, VM's systems will have flagged your account as being with somebody very unlikely to move, and therefore they'll not allow the Retentions agents to offer you the best deals unless you actually do give notice.

* Sorry, I couldn't resist, but do you really watch £1,700 quid's worth of TV a year?

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

sky and BT don't have an equivalent, unless they've suddenly found a way to provide 500Mbps over copper openreach network?

also, asking for the current advertised full price isn't a "retention" deal, it's just paying the listed non-discounted price.
0 Kudos
shawty1984
Rising star
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Andruser wrote:

Sign up with the Sky equivalent.  When the Sky discount vanishes, join BT with their couch potato* TV package.  Then back to Virgin Media, rinse and repeat.  You should be always on the max discount, and you'd be saving around £550 a year.  Year after year after year.

Because you're a loyal customer, VM's systems will have flagged your account as being with somebody very unlikely to move, and therefore they'll not allow the Retentions agents to offer you the best deals unless you actually do give notice.

* Sorry, I couldn't resist, but do you really watch £1,700 quid's worth of TV a year?

That simply isn't true. I've had discount without even having to ask for it.

0 Kudos