Menu
Highlighted
Hero
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

All VM stores will remain closed

Hard on the heels of the closure of 25 stores and kiosks which was announced in February VM will not reopen the remaining 53 stores. All 341 affected staff will be offered jobs mainly in home-based customer service.

https://www.bmmagazine.co.uk/news/virgin-media-to-disappear-from-uk-high-street-as-all-50-stores-wil... 

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: All VM stores will remain closed

And following on the closure last year or so of the well respected (by customers) Swansea call centre.  Best wishes to those staff affected. 

More UK based customer service staff is definitely something Virgin Media needs, hopefully the employees can cope with what is a very different role.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If these closures had taken place a year ago the employees would have lost their jobs, but Covid-19 has brought about a new norm: working from home.

--
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media should of those people that are on Virgin Media that won't be able to get to there nearist virgin media store that will be reopening because of the Virgin Media store that was near them is not going to reopen. Because lot of people don't drive and a lot of people don't can't use public transport that well and some people won't know where there near store is going to be.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

"Virgin media should of those people that are on Virgin Media that won't be able to get to there nearist virgin media store that will be reopening because of the Virgin Media store that was near them is not going to reopen."

Its very simple, there won't be a nearest store because none of them are re-opening, there really wasn't any need for them to still exist in the first place, people will generally already have access to the internet or a phone in order to just look on the site or ring through to sales, the stores were pretty much redundant at this stage

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

'there really wasn't any need for them to still exist in the first place'

our local one was nearly always empty. i spoke to the guy once, he said those that came in were querying things and he just let them phone customer services there. he didn't have many take ups of services and told me he was bored out of his skull much of the time.

i agree they served no real purpose.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi and hopefully the money virgin save in business rent and rates, may be ploughed into more people on phones which is badly needed. Regards Micky
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Not so much 'more people on the phones' as 

'people who actually know what they are talking about, rather than reading from 'scripts' and 'talking over' you at high speed'

Customer services are nothing more than pushy salespeople, trying to make commission,rather than doing something to try to solve your problem.

Been there, suffered that on FAR too many occasions, from rude and ignorant foreigners who cannot even converse in English, and take no notice of what you are trying to say, before cutting you off...

No, not more people, more 'intelligent' people, able to HELP instead of SELL.... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

An interesting perspective. 

Not sure the staff in the shops were necessarily more technically minded over and above being predominantly sales people.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Customer services agents get commission even though they don't sell! And it's not on the list of benefits.

--
0 Kudos