Menu
carlprice185
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

190 minutes of my life gone forever!!!!

Wow I'm totally infuriated with the Virgin media team!!! I want a slightly bigger bundle from the fun pack, I ask for the bigger bundle so as to get a new v6 box all online.....I then get a message saying to call as they need more details, I do what I'm asked, I get offered the ultimate oomph package for £85, wow I accept as it was less than the bigger bundle. 

How silly was I, the contract then showed on my account before it had been installed at £139.00 per month....... Well you can guess my frustration, so I again call to rectify this obvious error! Not so simple.....many phone calls later, many lies later, many promises later I end up with it installed with a contract now saying £99 per month!!!!

So I call again, the lady says its on the system notes that it should be £85 per month but admits on the contract it states £99, the lady has to speak to her manager and asks to call me back!!!! She does several hours later only to tell me the best she can do is £95.......... At this point and after over 3 hours over various calls I show my slight frustration and refuse to pay the £95 per, especially as I'd told a friend who was also an existing customer of the amazing deal and he got the same for £79 per month.

You would have thought as a customers of over ten years they would have maybe seen the amount of calls admitted their mistakes were theirs and just settled on the £85. But no the only offer I got was a 30 day cancellation notice.

Thanks Virgin, nice to know loyalty is so appreciated!!!!!

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 190 minutes of my life gone forever!!!!

There's a stock reply below.  To summarise, you should be able to get the deal you agreed to, but you'll need to jump through some hoops and it may take weeks to sort it out.

These "didn't get the deal I agreed" situations happen from time to time.  However, your legal rights are crystal clear - information provided by a company verbally or written is binding if the consumer relies upon it when entering a contract (Consumer Rights Act 2015), so VM have to honour whatever was promised, whether they like it or not.  

Hopefully the forum staff can pick this up and get it sorted - by which I mean that you get exactly the deal you were promised, not some less attractive compromise.  That would be the cheapest and quickest resolution for both parties, and the best way of trying to recover some goodwill in a bad situation, but they're trying to cope with high volumes of work at the moment.  If they can't get it sorted in that complete manner, you need to search, read and follow the Virgin Media Complaints Code of Practice.  

If you do need to raise a formal complaint (I suggest in writing, by recorded post), reject the contract they're trying to impose, and demanding that as per your legal rights the company honour what was promised, and pointing out that if the company can't honour its agreement you will escalate to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS as soon as permitted by the rules.  In the meanwhile, don't do anything daft like stopping your direct debit, that'll be recorded as a credit default, and opens up whole new realms of difficulty for you.  Don't worry if VM contact you claiming that they couldn't get hold of you, so will close the complaint if they don't hear to the contrary, this doesn't stop you being able to take the matter further.

If VM still won't honour the contract despite the complaint, or say they're going to close the complaint, then you follow the process and escalate to the industry arbitration scheme no sooner than eight weeks after your initial complaint was received by VM.  Explain the background and request that VM be required to give you the promised deal, fully backdated, and add on a request for compensation for the hassle.  Not only does escalation to CISAS cost VM money (free to you, costs always paid by the company) but it gets your case investigated and impartially heard by expert dispute resolution staff.  From published data, the majority of complaints escalated to CISAS, either the company immediately concedes, compromises, or loses at the end of arbitration.  Sadly that's not quick, and VM have up to eight weeks to resolve the complaint before you can go to CISAS, on the other hand your legal rights are very clear.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
carlprice185
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 190 minutes of my life gone forever!!!!

Thank you very much for your response, Very much appreciated......

0 Kudos