Bright Spark
brooksy79

Re: Adding own router to superhub in modem mode

Yeah i know thats why im pulling my hair out lol

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
legacy1

Turn hub off in modem mode for 2 mins have your router connected to the right port and turn hub back on.
------------------Die-hard direct connection modem user :smileytongue:
Believing is catch 22 the VMDG280 should never of been made the Super hubs 1 & 2 could have been built better the years go by and we can't see the mistakes that were made to make things right.
The more that use modem mode the more we need IPv6: BQM, Outgoing ports test
Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
brooksy79

But am i right in saying to use your own router you first put the super hub in modem mode from the url wait like 30 secounds for it to reboot..(Can tell by solid lights)

step 2 is plug a eathernet cable on the port near coax on SU, other end to the WAN port on router.. like you said the yellow port and wait for the router to start up...

with the router i have theres only 1 light RED = Problem  GREEN = all good in the hood

in my case its red..:smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

10.0.0.5 dosn;t sound like a IP the hub would be giving out. it would normally be 192.168.1.*
Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
brooksy79

Ok legacy1 ill try that

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
brooksy79

[ Edited ]

SUCCESS...

Funny how one little thing can stress you out, when you you need to do is put SH in modem mode wait till it reboots.. Turn off for 2 mins then plug in own router and wait.

Much better speeds now with my own router

Thanks guys

router.JPG

Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

good to hear you sorted it out. odd it needs suck a long time to reboot.

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Anudeep_B

Hi brooksy79,

Thanks for letting us know, glad to see your problem has sorted.

Kind Regards,

Anudeep B

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
NeilPayne

I think this one got me too but I found another solution. For convenience I was plugging my PC into port 1 (first ethernet port) to do the reconfiguration then switching for my router once the hub had re-booted into modem mode and I'd checked this with the PC. This allows the PC time to get an internet address but also to register it's MAC address on the link. When I re-plugged the router it was being rejected as Virgin don't allow more than one device to direct attach.

My solution was to plug the router into port 1 and use one of the other ports to switch the hub to modem mode. Once it switches this connection is dead so you can only check configuration via the colour of the logo. When it re-boots the only device it sees is the router so this time it works.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
zat0ichi

Same thing here. Dlink 624+

Do I have to use modem mode?

Please use plain text.