Menu
Stutrumpet65
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Yamaha receiver volume blacking out TV screen

Hi all,

Thought I'd share a solution rather than post a question as it seems quite a common problem.

yesterday I had my Tivo installed and the engineer synced the controller to my Panasonic TV

All seemed fine and he left me to re-wire my surround sound via my Yamaha RX receiver.  Connected TiVo to amp with hdmi 1 and amp to TV hdmi1 then ensured amp displayed hdmi1 and checked TV also input hdmi1

All OK and so turned TV inbuilt speakers down to 0 then turned up volume on amp - BUT every time I changed volume either by knob on amp or amp remote the TV screen blanked out for 2/3 seconds although sound continued.

Very frustrating - tried everything - one solution was to plug TiVo direct to TV and use optical cable TiVo to amp for sound - yes this works but can be problematic down the line!

The solution was to change the TiVo settings:

Home button

Help and settings

settings

video output

change to Video Output 1080i

choose the auto detect mode

Thats it - problem solved

PS - if those greyed-out channels annoy you just create a 'favourites' list -Smiley Happy

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yamaha receiver volume blacking out TV screen

Hi Stutrumpet65,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Thanks for coming by with a solution to your issue with the picture loss when you change the volume. This is a great help.

We're always here to help should you need us for anything.  Anything helpful is always welcome here Smiley Happy

All the best,

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos