Menu
jim1685
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why has Virgin Media become so poor?

I have had so many problems with Virgin Media over the last year - particularly with the TV service.  Right back in February I contacted Virgin to say player was constantly freezing.  I was told it was due to too many people using the service and that it was a known problem being looked into.  This continues.  Every time I've contacted Virgin I'm told the same thing.

For the last 2 weeks, I've tried to watch a film on on Demand.  On both occasions, it says that On Demand is not available (today, error code 6093).  When I phoned up today I was told that it was due to too many people using the service.

On both occasions I was told I might have to wait for 'up to a minute' to talk someone - on both occasions, it was nearer 10.  Today I was then passed to someone else who said they couldn't help and was passed somewhere else.  After 5 minutes, I gave up having lost 35 minutes of my Saturday evening...with the problem still not resolved.

Frankly, I couldn't care less that there are too may people.  All that tells me is that Virgin are happy to take my £60 a month whilst knowingly providing a service that isn't fit for purpose.

I feel I should have a refund, not just for the 2 films I hired (which I've received) but also for the fact that the TV service is so poor and customer service has declined rapidly.

Virgin Media used to be good and I recommended it to everyone.  I wouldn't recommend it to anyone now.  

When is this going to get fixed or should I give up and move to a different company.  Presumably it wouldn't be breaking my contract because you're not providing the service I'm paying for?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why has Virgin Media become so poor?

Hi jim1685

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch regarding your experience.

I do appreciate that any ongoing issues with service are very frustrating for customers and that you're experiencing this issue with iPlayer and our On Demand service.

Whilst these are free services, unless you have booked a chargeable event such as a film or sporting event, if you get in touch with our teams they should be able to look into this for you especially if you have been charged for films you have been unable to watch, and refund these costs back to your account as we are unable to do so via the forums.

Long term issues with any of our apps will be listed on our systems and the faults team will be able to look into this for you if you are able to give them a call on 150 or 0345 454 1111 option 2 then option 2 again.

Please let us know how you get on with this and if we can look into anything else for you.

Kind regards

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
andybristol
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I can sympathise with you over this very annoying issue, its not actually down to too many watching its down to VM NOT HAVING SUFFICIENT SPEEDS at their box's you'll see at the roadside. The good news is they are slowly upgrading these and the problem will eventually go once its carried out in your area. Oh by the way the first excuse will be well its a free service anyway, forgetting to add that its also one of their prime sales blurb... anyway keep your chin up it will eventually be sorted. In the meantime I would be asking VM to review your £60.00 PM charge, we have TV/phone and 70mbs Broadband for £40.99 per month, so unless you have sky and movies etc go ask for a reduction !

0 Kudos
rps1013
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So what you are effectively saying @Karen_A is that unless Virgin can directly attribute a cost to the issue then it's never going to be fixed?

I have read your statement numerous times and it doesn't read any differently no matter how I look at it.

Just because it's "free" doesn't mean Virgin don't have an obligation to provide a working service.