Menu
magnentius
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V+ box swap and package change

I am due to get the replacement TiVo box for the older V+ on Dec 3, however, I have just been e mailed a virgin media Receipt showing changes to my package. I checked bill and found that it is showing 2 TiVo monthly fees, is this correct? as the additional box was a V+ box. The bundle I have is the older VIP with TiVo bundle saving and there is a line for TiVo credit. Do you thnk a call to retentions would be in order?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V+ box swap and package change

My understanding was that this was a free swapout  Is the TiVO fee actually £0?, as additional V boxes can also show up like this. For your information, you can opt out of having the V+ changed if you wish. You will still get all the Sky Movies & Sky Sports channels after January next year, just not in HD.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My understanding was that this was a free swapout  Is the TiVO fee actually £0?, as additional V boxes can also show up like this. For your information, you can opt out of having the V+ changed if you wish. You will still get all the Sky Movies & Sky Sports channels after January next year, just not in HD.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi magnentius

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

If we are requesting that you change the V+ box for a TiVo® box then as @nodrogd mentioned, there will be no monthly fee for this added to your bill.

However, the charge will show on the billing, but will then be offset by a credit of the same amount.  Our TiVo's automatically embed this £5 charge on our accounts so this is the way we work around this cost for you.

Ultimately, there will be no additional monthly cost to you given that we are requesting this change with you.

If you have any billing concerns and wish to check these out for specific confirmation on your account, it would be great if you could contact our teams on 150 or 0345 454 1111 on option 1, or alternatively you can contact them on our Webchat option here. Both these teams can clear the security needed and access your account to confirm the above for you for your peace of mind Smiley Happy

If there's anything else I can help with just let me know.

Cheers

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos