Menu
lolzfidget
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V+ Box cutting end and beginning of recordings off

Hi!

I've been having some problems with my V+HD Box for a few months now and have been advised to post on here by Virgin. The first few minutes of certain recordings are getting cut off and the ends too. Virgin advised me to add a buffer to the beginning and the end of recordings but they're currently set to 2 minutes prior and 5 minutes after so there shouldn't be any problems. It's always been set to that since I got the box 2 or 3 years ago and it's a problem that's only started to occur recently. The programmes are starting on time, and it's almost like the buffer has got itself a bit backwards i.e. starting 2 minutes later and finishing 5 minutes earlier. It's very frustrating for me. Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution?

It doesn't happen on all channels, and seems to be restricted to More 4, 4 HD and Channel 4. I've set the same programmes that I have issues with to record at the same time, with the same buffer settings, on our TiVO box downstairs and it records fine. It just happens on my V+HD box upstairs in my room. 

I also have problems where recordings that I haven't viewed are showing the message 'Thank you for watching...etc.' and will only offer me the options to delete, view again (but unable to watch at all) or return to live TV. But I'll have a look through the boards and see if there's a solution for this one! I did have a look on the boards for my recording issue but there doesn't seem to be solution that's been posted. I couldn't find one anyway!

Thank you for any help you can provide Smiley Happy 

Laura

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ Box cutting end and beginning of recordings off

Hi lolzfidget,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that many of your recordings aren't recording fully.  I will be happy to have a look at this for you.  

Currently I haven't been able to locate your account, I will request further details in a private message.  Look for the icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos