Menu
bodget
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade services using a TiVo box issues

My sons just received his bill and he's been charged £80 extra for upgrading his package to sky sports.

hes contacted customer services and they've informed him it was done using the home/app/ multi step process.

he maintains he hasn't carried out the upgrade for the following reason HE HAS AN AMAZON BOX!

his 3 year old has a habit of playing with the remote and and customer services maintain that it's possible for a 3 year old to go the the process of 5 steps plus put in the code (unfortunately the code is on default)

they have also stated that although they can tell my son the date and time that the change was activated they cannot produce the evidence to my son.(never heard of a screen shot?)

they state that going through the various stages on the box proves that it happened.

they also stated that they don't have to inform of the charge in any way shape or form as it's not a change of contract just a bundle change,this despite thr t & c's stating that it is contracted for a minimum 30 days.

customer services are basically saying tough were taking your money and there's nothing you can do about it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade services using a TiVo box issues

Hi bodget, 

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

When upgrading your services through your TIVo® there are a few steps to take including entering in the PIN so it's very doubtful a 3 year old would be able to do this. 

Is there anyone else who would have been there to do this? We can see the date and time it was actioned, but we can only advise what that was. We wouldn't send a screenshot and send externally due to the other information that maybe on the screen. 

The best advice I can offer is for your Son to change the PIN and make sure he doesn't give this to anyone. Try and make sure it isn't 1 number repeated or next to each other. 

Normally once an upgrade is completed we do send an email out so it's worth asking your Son to check his contact details with us to ensure we have the right ones. 

Other than that, there isn't much else I can do from here. I'm here if you have any other questions though.

Thanks,

Kath

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos