Menu
JudeW
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box random problems

Hi,

In the last week our Tivo box randomly stops responding to the remote on start up (batteries changed and new). After rebooting and leaving for 10 minutes or so it may respond to pressing the start or home buttons (random again). It freezes on start up up to 10 minutes, starts on random channels and sometimes brings up menus, again random. We have had the box just under 5 months...

When the box does not respond the green light that relates to the remote stays on and green all the time. Help! My husband is bemoaning leaving Sky!

Thanks

Fed up of Norwich

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box random problems

Hi JudeW,

A warm welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo® service is behaving oddly at the moment.  I'll be happy to help check this out with you.

Can I ask you to check if the remote control buttons appear to be stuck or broken?  I suspect a faulty remote control is the cause of this issue.

Another way to rule this in/out is to take the batteries out of the remote control once you have chosen your programme and see if it still happens.  If this is the case follow this Replacing a Remote Control Post to get a new one ordered.

I  have taken a look at your box remotely and all looks fine from here.  Let me know how you get on, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos