Menu
John_67
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box

Just Wondered 

I have been a Virgin Media customer for well over 5 years now and i have had the same TV box for that time. Would i be able to get a Tivo box that can record for free or would i have to pay for one.

Also would getting a Tivo box require an engineer or could i install it myself  as i am not available during work hours.

Would getting a Tivo box also affect my contract as I'm not currently in one. 

Thanks 

John

(Customer since 2010) Services: Full House TV With Multiroom (TiVo V6 + TiVo), Talk Unlimited Extra Telephone and VIVID 100 (Hub 3.0)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box

The change in costs will depend on the package you are on & the box you currently have. Box changes are now self install jobs, so you will only be charged the postage, but unless you accept one of the new "Big" bundles there will be an additional monthly charge for the TiVO. Changing to new bundle will mean a new contract.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
holdens1973
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box

My tivo box is very nosy it sounds like its taking off ? I live in a flat so can be heard in every room it even wakes my 8 month old at night ? Is there anything I can do to make it quieter? I would move it but when it was installed they left me with about 30cm off cable ? ?
0 Kudos