Menu
MattDuncan
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box making drumming noise

Recently noticed an annoying drumming/knocking sound from the TiVo box, even noticing from the other side of the room over the volume. Anybody else heard of this problem? Only had the box a week.
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box making drumming noise

To me that sounds like the hard drive is starting to fail.  Although you haven't had it long the device could have got a sudden shock at some point during the transportation process.

I would certainly contact Virgin Media and report this as they will be able to provide you with a replacement.  Any recordings you have set up though will not transfer over to the new device, but hopefully as you have only had it a week that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

It will continue working but it is only a matter of time before it will fail, and it is better to get it replaced now than when it is full of recordings that you would end up losing.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos