Menu
a122611
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TV & Broadband

Hi all,

Recently disconnected all my virgin hardware & cables due to redecorating, plugged it all back in but having trouble getting the TV box to turn on at all, is this a common problem? Also the router is on and working but the internet keeps dropping from time to time, would the TV box being off completely make an issue with the internet cutting out?

Also we have a problem in the area, "Customers may be having trouble accessing their Virgin Media Webmail (Blueyonder & NTLWorld) services at the moment"

Not sure if the above would also affect it.

PS. having a new TV box sent out, here by tuesday.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV & Broadband

The known issue you are referring to is purely for those who use an e-mail address that has been provided by Virgin Media (ie, blueyonder.co.uk or ntlworld.com).  This wouldn't affect any other services such as TV, Broadband or Phone.

The TV box not being on shouldn't make any difference to your broadband connection either.

Are you getting any lights at all on your TV box ? - is it a TiVo box or one of the older boxes ?

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV & Broadband

Hi a122611,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you've had trouble with your services.

As backtothefuture has said, the mail server issue won't affect your regular services. Are you still experiencing issues with the broadband cutting out? How's the new box working so far?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos