Menu
andybristol
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TV Freezing and loss of ALL TV services, Reference no: F004074341

Further to the, what I deem to be a complete TV outage in our area I write to complain as this is the second time within a month that we have lost a THIRD of the services we pay for !  It also seems that Virgin media forget that we the customers actually PAY for the services they provide ! There is never a voluntary offer of compensation or indeed very often not even a voluntary apology unless one takes the time to write in a public forum such as this. Your teams know what areas were effected by the loss of service and the least I would expect to receive would be an immediate email apology for the breakdown in service/s and a simple explanation as to why service was lost ie, due the severe weather conditions etc, and when you expect the fault to be rectified by.

Within the last fortnight we have completely lost our Broadband service for approximately three and a half days, which was eventually resolved by the replacement of the router by the engineer who could not provide a full answer for the failure. 

Last evening we experienced the complete loss of watchable TV services due to the channels freezing and pixelating, resorting back to Freeview to continue our viewing I wondered why in fact we do actually pay for a TV service other than for the hire of a low end recording device (TIVO Box). The channels we do pay for within our package (and not available on freeview) are pretty much all available free elsewhere via the internet or on the channel playback sites.

With high speeds often in excess of 30+mbs available to ALL of us over the 4G mobile network I have to think do we even need Virgin media ?

In fact I think they might need us more than we need them in the near future ! We currently have a monthly spend in excess £70+ including a few mobile contracts with VM.

I think at the next renewal of our home services contract in around 5 months or so I shall be seriously considering cancelling our services unless VM get their act together and start to provide the service they pertain they do.

Regards

Andrew

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Freezing and loss of ALL TV services, Reference no: F004074341

Hi andybristol,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced these service disruptions to your TV and Broadband.  I know how annoying that can be.  

How are things today with the service?  If you are having any outstanding issues with the services working I will be happy to help check it out for you.

We're always happy to help out with any credit queries for loss of service, currently we don't have a facility that automatically credits when a service disruption occurs.  I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, we're always open to new ideas and suggestions so we will take this on board and see how we can incorporate this in the future.

Apologies again for the experience you've had with the disruptions.  If you have any further queries, don't hesitate to give us a shout. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos