Menu
Dialled in
Message 11 of 51 (904 Views)

Re: Sky Sports Relaunch

"Virgin Media will continue to offer all of the Sky Sports channels in one combined package", posted by Community Lead James above, suggests Virgin customers have no alternative but to pay for everything, regardless of what they want.
Community elder
Message 12 of 51 (900 Views)

Nialli wrote:
"Virgin Media will continue to offer all of the Sky Sports channels in one combined package", posted by Community Lead James above, suggests Virgin customers have no alternative but to pay for everything, regardless of what they want.

That statement is actually almost word for word what is said on the Sky website about the position regarding their own customers with the full package, i.e. those who currently have the full package will not have any changes. What happens with the new packages is still open. As I said, Sky's own customers won't be able to get these new packages until next week. 

As it has just been announced, the whole thing is a bit up in the air at this point so, to reiterate, whats the panic?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team)
Dialled in
Message 13 of 51 (888 Views)

I'm not panicking, but although it may have only gone public today I am sure Sky would have discussed this with Virgin Media long before today's announcement. The lack of clarity from Virgin when Sky goes public with anything is always disappointing but not, given VM's track record, surprising.

Community elder
Message 14 of 51 (817 Views)

Nialli wrote:

I'm not panicking, but although it may have only gone public today I am sure Sky would have discussed this with Virgin Media long before today's announcement. The lack of clarity from Virgin when Sky goes public with anything is always disappointing but not, given VM's track record, surprising.

So what is the big deal if you have to wait a bit? To repeat, no-one, not even a Sky customer can do anything about the single channels plan at the moment.

I used to have the full Sky Sports package, first with Virgin, then with Sky and back with Virgin again. I gave up a couple of years ago when the prices got out of control due to Sky overpaying for the Premiership. That is coming back to haunt Sky as they are losing customers. I took advantage of a free month earlier this year but did not follow it up. That was an indication that Sky knew they had to do something.

I have been looking at the rumours over the last few weeks and might take up one channel should it become available. Maybe later rather than sooner as Sky will want to draw in as many new customers as it can but I don't doubt that the offer will, at some point, be made available through Virgin. The timing is, however, in Sky's hands and they will milk the change as much as possible after the launch.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team)
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 51 (808 Views)

Not panicking here either Frank, we are just asking legitimate questions that is all my friend. At the very least a note from them on it to say a fuller update on any subsequent changes will be released in due course for example would have been a nice touch though.

It would mean we would not be trying to seek answers and would be willing to wait and see if anything further is announced regarding it. It's just a simple thing that would have satisfied me and I would not have needed to ask anything at all for now.

It's just good PR if they do something as simple as that.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 16 of 51 (804 Views)

If we don't have the option to purchase the separate channels they should at least bring back the Season Ticket offer they did a couple of years ago.

As I for one would only want to watch Football
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 17 of 51 (802 Views)

LindaAMS wrote:

Not panicking here either Frank, we are just asking legitimate questions that is all my friend. At the very least a note from them on it to say a fuller update on any subsequent changes will be released in due course for example would have been a nice touch though.

It would mean we would not be trying to seek answers and would be willing to wait and see if anything further is announced regarding it. It's just a simple thing that would have satisfied me and I would not have needed to ask anything at all for now.

It's just good PR if they do something as simple as that.

That is assuming that what they can say just now has not been limited by Sky. I am basing what I am saying on the similar furore before Virgin announced the deal with BT. The reality is that what can be said and when is sometimes limited by contractual arrangements.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 51 (798 Views)

I understand that completely but the announcements do rightly or inadvertently cause this sort of discussion. Hopefully more clarity soon though.

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 19 of 51 (685 Views)

I find it so hard that there are people who defend VM actions. We pay an awful lot and deserve far better yet they just concentrate on profits rather than customers or that's how it appears
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Lead
Message 20 of 51 (662 Views)

Hi

To clarify: at this time Virgin Media is not offering the Sky Sports channels on a standalone basis.

We will continue to offer all of the Sky Sports channels in one combined package.

As previously stated, when taken with our Full House pack we are the only provider where you can get all of the sport on BT Sport and Sky Sports in one package.

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos