Menu
LJGRAVES
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports Promotion

Last year, through the post, I was given the chance of taking the Sky Sports package for £19pm for 12 months. Being a big F1 fan, and given the fact that the BBC were now only showing half the F1 races live, I thought I would give this a go.

Now that promotion was due to end at the end of Feb, where I presume the price would rise to £30pm. So as I was required to give at least 30 days notice, I phoned CS to say I would this package to be removed when it ends. The nice lady I spoke to confirmed this, and also informed me of a new deal for the Sky Sports package, £20pm for 9 months.This seemed a reasonable offer, so accepted, thinking "Great.... I still get to see F1 for another season." 

And now the issue.... From the email confirmation, it seems the package starts straight away, rather than after my current promotion ends. This means the new package will finish at the end of Oct, there by making me miss the final 2 races of the season, the last race is 27th Nov. Is this an easy fix, or should I phone CS again to cancel package, and hope I can take it up agin in 1 month

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
praxis
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports Promotion

Suggest you call and see if your existing package still had till the end of February unless the only way you could get new deal was to take it up straight away.Call and see you will get the question answered straight away
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports Promotion

Hi LJGRAVES, 

Thanks for your post and apologies this wasn't explained to you over the phone. 

When you accept a retention offer, like the new one you've accepted, there is usually a clause which means it's not available to be used in conjunction with any other offer. 

This would mean it starts from the time you accepted it. You have of course got time to change your mind however there is no guarantee that this offer will be available to you later on. 

Even though the offer finishes a little earlier than the races, you are free to keep the channels until after the races however the cost would go up. You never know, there maybe a new offer available at the time too. 

Let us know what you decide to do Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos