Menu
ReverendCarlos
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Samsung V+ Box fault

Hi, I have a problem with my second box which started yesterday.

It's the Samsung V+ box, and it just shut down yesterday morning after being switched on for around 20 minutes.  Te display showed a message of "Stop" and the standby/On button, which is usually red or green, was orange.

I turned power off, restarted a while later and just got the "Stop" message, not light on the standby button now, and it's staying in that state.

I briefly checked a forum on Digitalspy.co.uk this morning, and it appears to be a known issue dating back a number of years (posts from 2003-2010 on the issue)  Has this re-occurred or are known faulty equipment still being used?

I've had the box around 1 month.

Any help / advice appreciated.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung V+ Box fault

Looks like another faulty refurb box. Contact faults as another replacement is inevitable.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung V+ Box fault

Hi there ReverendCarlos, 

I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that your V+ box is causing you some problems at the moment, and I'd really like to help you out. 

I've done some testing and it appears that we will need to arrange a technician to call out and investigate further for you. 

The "STOP" message will normally mean that there is an issue with the signal coming into the box, which will require a technician. 
I've sent you a private message in order to get things moving for you, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos