Menu
Biffy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Recycling Old V+ Box & Modem

Hi,

It's been almost a year now since I replaced my old V+ with TiVo & fitted the new Superhub and I've still got the old equipment.

I've never been contacted about returning this, so do you want it back or should I take it to the tip for recycling?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Recycling Old V+ Box & Modem

If the Superhub is one of the original Superhub 1's, it can be disposed of. As for the V+, if its a Samsung, these are still currently being refurbed & reissued, so should be returned. If however, its one of the older Scientific Atlanta versions, this can also be disposed of at a recycling facility.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If the Superhub is one of the original Superhub 1's, it can be disposed of. As for the V+, if its a Samsung, these are still currently being refurbed & reissued, so should be returned. If however, its one of the older Scientific Atlanta versions, this can also be disposed of at a recycling facility.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Biffy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, it's not even a Superhub 1, just one of the basic Modems & the V+ is one of the earlier Scientific Atlanta boxes, so I'll get them both dropped off at the Recycling Centre.

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos