Menu
Dmudge
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Recordings freezing!

Every time I try to play back a recorded show, it will freeze at some point. I haven't noticed it with the live tv, although I rarely get to watch live.
I just wondered if anyone else is experiencing freezing while playing back recorded shows?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recordings freezing!

Hi Dmudge,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your recorded playbacks aren't working so well.  I have taken a look at your box remotely and when I checked the hard drive status it did show some errors.

To get this fixed I will need to arrange an engineer to fix this for you.  I will send the details in a private message for you.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Just to let you know in advance, as there are errors with the hard drive it is highly likely the box will be replaced by the enigneer.  Sadly this will mean the recordings will be lost and will be unrecoverable or transferable.  I'm sorry that we won't be able to save the recordings for you, one thing you will be able to do if and when the new box is put in place is Copy the TiVo® Settings which will copy over Series Link, Wish List and Thumbs Rating details.  This will save you a heap of time in setting these up again on the new box.  The instructions are in the link provided.

I hope it will be useful for you.  I'll private message you now with details on arranging an engineer for you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out