Menu
Vascop
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation and loss of sound on TV

Hi

About 6 or 7 weeks ago I rang the 151 help line and told them my TV picture was always pixellating with accompanying loss and distortion of sound and also that the catchup playback was always jerky..  To cut a long story short, after a few days they said they had fixed it, but it is still continuing and I was very busy at the time so I have not taken it any further until now.  However yesterday I was watching a BBC prom on BBC4 from 7pm till 8:45pm and the same problem was happening every 2-3 minutes and completely ruined my enjoyment of the programme.

I am so fed up now after all these weeks that I am seriously considering looking elsewhere for my TV provision such as Sky or Freeview HD.  I would like to retain my telephone land-line services with Virgin and my broadband provision, but terminate the TV part of the contract.

I do not want to do this as I am one of your original customers and as such I have been with you for many years.  Also it would be inconvenient for me to change but as an enthusiastic home cinema and music buff I have spent a lot of money on a HiFi system with expensive speakers.  You can imagine my frustration when I watch a music programme such as the one last night with extremely poor picture quality and appalling sound being delivered through a pair of floor-standing HiFi speakers.

As far as catchup is concerned I have also used a WD TV live box to access the iPlayer instead of my V+ box and the playback is first class.

I feel that at the moment I am paying you for a currently very poor service and I am fed up with waiting for you to fix it.

Ian Taylor ** Personal info removed**

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation and loss of sound on TV

Hi Ian

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with with TV service at the moment.

I can completely understand what you mean about the audio / visual quality too, I'll throw my toys out of the pram if it doesn't work right after spending money on equipment so I can assure you I'll be doing what I can to help Man Happy

So I can take a closer look at your set top box, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos