Menu
Di5co
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pink screen when starting up

A few times in the last few months now (today most recent) when I get home from work and turn the Tivo on I'm greeted with a pink screen and no sound, straight away the screen is pink.. then the starting up message and then the channel comes on and its all pink, with no sound also.

The only fix I have come up with is to turn it off then turn it back on again. where does the problem lye? cause even doing that gets on my nerves.

0 Kudos
gooding5
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pink screen when starting up

A quick google found :

It seems the situation will occur if the TiVo is powered up before the TV, even if a reasonable delay (5-10 seconds) is introduced. Bringing the TV out of stand-by first and then the TiVo gives a consistent clean result. 

Does this work for you ??

Smiley Happy

I work in the VM Swansea Faults Center .All comments are my own.
I do NOT speak for VM.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Di5co,  

Thanks for coming by and I'm sorry to hear that you're getting this pink screen and loss of sound.  

How are things today?  If you're still getting this issue, let me know and I can help further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Di5co
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Things have been fine since I created this topic thanks.. but that's not to say it won't happen down the line cause its done it quite abit over this last year and I'm yet to know why its doing it.

Ill try the method someone has posted after doing a quick google search.. this makes me think its the TV's fault tho? ill try turning on the virgin with both tv off and on, and see what happens. But I'm sure everyday its either one or the other and this problem doesn't happen everyday.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Di5co,

I hope all remains ok.  If you do have any ongoing issues with this, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

The community is here for support should you need us.

All the best Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos