Menu
northernken
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No HD on demand for Channel 4 etc

I have just had to move to Virgin from Sky as my new landlord will not let me have a dish and I have to say I am pretty disappointed so far!  I have the Big Kahuna package with Sky Cinema so I have around 50 HD channels but when I use iPlayer or 4OD you only seem to be able to watch stuff in standard def.  Am I doing something wrong?  On Sky you could select to download it in standard or high definition.

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: No HD on demand for Channel 4 etc

Channel 4 catchup is, to be fair, a bare-bones SD 7-day only service on Virgin.

Channel-5 should have HD options as does BBC iPlayer. Although the options you get for BBC catch-up certainly depend whether you have a Tivo box or V-HD?

If you're on V-HD, then you're likely to only get Channel 5-CatchUp in HD, the BBC catchup service here is also a bare-basis 7day facility.

If you've got a Tivo box, then the BBC iPlayer app has numerous menu options to choose HD per-program or globally - but this needs to be done within the app not in the Tivo menus.

If you have got a Tivo box however, you'll hopefully find yourself using OD less as you discover the recording capabilities of the box render OD as a mere insurance policy.

0 Kudos