Menu
Katestewart1981
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving House New Contract

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help as I'm confused.I rang Virgin Home Mover Team and advised them I would be moving to a different area. They said it's fine I had 12 months left on contract and I could transfer to to my new address. However when I look back I seem to have to sign a new contract, I told repeatedly to the advisor I don't want to extend my contract (sorry bit just can't get away with Virgin) shesaid as I'm Moving to a different area number I needed a new credit check done she never mentioned a new contract she asked for card to details to verify my information I again repeatedly asked why she needed them and she said they would not take any money from my account, The next day I find I have a 18  month contract which has landed in my inbox and they have taken 25.00 from my bank account. I am not happy to say the least. Does anyone know what this charge is for and if I would need a new contract if I move? I really don't want a another 18 month contract I was hoping to transfer the 12 month I have left over to my new home.... Any advice would be really appreciated. 

Thank you in advance 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving House New Contract

Contracts are linked to the address, not the person at that address, so a move to a new address will trigger a new contract whatever the circumstances. The old contract terminates at the old address when you move, but as you are moving to a new serviceable address, there are no termination fees. The initial contract usually says 18 months, but you can usually make alterations after 12 months without issues. The charge looks like the standard 'movers' fee of £25.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Katestewart1981
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving House New Contract

Thanks very much for the advice
0 Kudos