Menu
DanChamney
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Mis-sold Channels

Hi,

Wondering if anyone could help me- very much appreciated in advance. Today in work I was called by a salesperson from Virgin Media, she kindly asked me a few questions regarding my service, and then proceeded to offer me the Sky Sports packages at a cut-price. I agreed- it was a good offer- I then ensured to query whether this deal INCLUDED the HD variants of the channels (I can't say I enjoy watching sports in SD, especially at an added cost to my bill). She kindly confirmed this was the case (she was keen to point out that all calls were recorded so if this becomes an issue I'd gladly ask this call to be pulled up for review).

Suffice to say I got home and as I suspected, No HD channels were activated, just the standard definition ones were able to be accessed.

I would either like the HD channels to be activated as advertised by the lady to me, or for the standard definition Sky Sports channels to be taken away and my bill reverted back to how it appeared immediately. I've had way to many issues with my broadband being mis-sold to me- that I've been patient and happy to sit and wait to be resolved, than to have to spend my lunch-hour being cold-called, ripped off, and then expected to spend time sorting out once I'm home. Many thanks.

Kindest regards

Dan 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mis-sold Channels

I would put money on this being an offshore call centre telling you what you want to hear.

Apart from the public service channels (BBC, ITV1, CH4 & CH5) all the HD varients are only available on the Full House TV pack. The exception is Film 4 HD which is available on Mix TV upward. VM's systems are not configured to allow an account to have the HD varients of the SD channels in any of the other packs.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mis-sold Channels

Hi Dan,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and I'm sorry to learn this has happened.

I have added our TV Guide listings here which will show you all the channels available to you depending on your package. These can't be swapped around so you'll need to be in the right package depending on what channels you want.

Unfortunately I'm unable to change your package from here so you would need to speak to our customer service department directly on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and one of the team will be able to discuss this with you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos