Menu
MAFergal
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Have channels changed or packages changed recently/today?

Hi everyone, I purchase Virgin TV (TV only, no phone or broadband) for my grandma.  She basically watches 4 channels, the most used one being Gold and today she cannot get it or Gold +1.  She says there is just a blue screen, no message. To her knowledge she's got all her the other channels.  

I've asked her to reboot her box which she says she has done but as I am not there I can't be sure she has done it properly (she is 92 with very poor eye sight).  I'm over 100 miles away and she can't see her bill to provide me with her account details so I can't speak to someone at Virgin on her behalf.  I pay about £26 a month DD for the TV package, it's not HD but I can't remember the name of the package.

I've checked service in the area, no known issues for anything. I've checked channel guides and Gold and Gold +1 should be on 126 and 127 respectively

Any ideas what this could be? My first thoughts were a channel change or change to package but I would have thought there would be some kind of message on screen if this was the case.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have channels changed or packages changed recently/today?

Hi MAFergal,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear your Grandma is not able to view her favourite channels at the moment. I'll be happy to help.

Firstly, I'll pop this TV Guide here incase it maybe useful for you.

If you can let me know if she is still missing these channels, I can help further.  Keep me posted, I'm here to help if you need me.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos