Menu
underscoreben
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Faulty V HD Box

Hello,

I have had Virgin Broadband, Landline and TV services for over a year now and the other night my V+ HD Box showed a Blue WiFi sign for a little while and the next morning wouldn't turn on.

It shows a faint red light on the box and won't turn on, i've followed all the troubleshooting advice and tested the box through the site which hasnt worked.

How can I book an engineer to get this swapped out, I've heard the helpline takes a long while to get through which is why i've come to here

Kind Regards,

Ben 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty V HD Box

Reply times here can be as much as a week, so I hope you don't mind waiting, or paying for a service you cant use. The best time to phone is around 8am when the lines are least busy & you have a good chance of getting UK call staff.

As far as the box is concerned, PSU failure is the most likely cause, so it will be swapped.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty V HD Box

Hi there underscoreben, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you've been having this issue with your V+HD box, and I'd really like to help you out. 

I've attempted to locate your account using your forum credentials, however have been unable to do so. I'll send you a private message in order to ask some further questions which will enable me to locate your account and run the necessary testing. 

Please look to the top left of this page where you'll find a red envelope icon. Click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos