Menu
MilesShelley
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Error Ref: 3008 - Any VM staff able to help

Hi,

I have recently set up my TV service, however the V-HD box is stuck on the 'checking your smartcard page'. I have tried resetting the box, wiping the card contacts and checked all the connections to the box from the incoming cable, all to no avail. Please could you assist me by sending a reset/update signal to my box so that I am able to enjoy virgins fine services?

I should note that the box came with two cards and I have tried both several times. Additionally the box itself was damaged upon arrival, with the top part of the box almost completely detached from the body. However, despite this damage the box did start up and appeared to download information from the Virgin servers. 

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Ref: 3008 - Any VM staff able to help

Hi MilesShelley,

Thank you for your message for the first time, welcome to the Community and I hope that you've been able to find your way around. 

I'm sorry to read that the Smart card hasn't been working with the box. I've been running some tests and I can see that the box is still not active, I'd like to send an engineer to get things moving.

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Speak to you very soon Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos