Menu
Lorna17
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Damaged external box on the street

The Virgin Media External box for the street has been hit by a car. I can see the damage - box on its side, wires hanging out. Because of this I have no internet or TV. I have rang to report it but they think it's my box and want to call an engineer for me. I cannot get the staff to understand it is a fault in the street. It looks like it's been hit by a car. I have asked for a manager and someone is to call me back. Very frustrating as when I check status online it says good. I have no TV or Internet.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged external box on the street

Due to it being the weekend, staff here will be almost non existant. With any luck the outage will have triggered a local network alarm, plus a number of people phoneing faults in from the same postcode should also trigger an issue on the system.

You can also report via the cabinet hotline on 0330 333 0444, & select the option for damage.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lorna17

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch about the damaged street cabinet Smiley Sad. I appreciate you taking the time to join the community with us and welcome to the forums!

It's been a couple of days since you posted about this, could you let me know if this has been sorted for you and if you reported this via the Cabinet Hotline number from above?

If you have services still affected, you can also either contact us directly on 150 or 0345 454 1111, or you can get in touch via Webchat if you have mobile internet access.

If this issue has not yet been resolved for you, if you could get back in touch with us here to let us know and we can take a look into this.

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As frustrating as this would be, I'd at least have accepted the engineer appointment. It's called "playing the game" - if it's the only way of flagging a fault on VM's systems then so be it. From recollection, I think if there's a certain number of similar "individual faults" in the same area, that triggers certain network-level checks which are then prioritised accordingly.

And if making sure VM are aware means reporting the fault via the customer route and "knackered cabin" route simultaneously, then so be it...

0 Kudos