Menu
m_r_beech
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cisco 4585dvb VHD box keeps rebooting - Solution ?

Hello there,

We have an on-going issue with the Cisco 4585dvb VHD box.  It keeps rebooting at random time for no apparent reason. The box has been replaced, the remote has been replaced, the power supply has been the RF tap changed in the distribution box by Engineers.

The Manager has visited our property and says it internal issues within our property with the power socket !!!!!

I believe the issue could be down to the outside cabling feeding the system as when it was installed (dug under our garden/drive where the car is parked) it was not laid in conduit to give additional mechanical protection.

Anybody else having similar issues and/or has a solution been found for your issues ?

Many thanks in advance for your help and answers to my on-going and infuriating problem.

Best regards,

M R Beech.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cisco 4585dvb VHD box keeps rebooting - Solution ?

Hi m_r_beech,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're having ongoing issues with random reboots affecting your HD box.  I can see you have an engineer booked to call round and get this sorted out for you once and for all.

I'm confident that we'll get to the bottom of this for you, it would be great if you can keep me posted on how you get on after the appointment. I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos