Menu
CWT1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

C130.....and slow to no speed

Day 2 of basically no internet or on demand service....can't check service status as your website is "being upgraded". Multiple issues in this area over recent weeks....judging by the question boards it's not just me. Getting between 1 and 3 meg on a 200 meg billing plan....ever feel like you're getting ripped off?!! I do. Come on virgin I'm happy to pay a bit more for your service when it works.....it's half term here in Edinburgh....the kids might start ganging up on me soon, they're just stumbling round the house like extras from the walking dead.....which I hear started back up again last night but I can't watch it cos my broadband is knackered!!! Please help before the kids eat me!
0 Kudos
eggfriedcheese
Dialled in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: C130.....and slow to no speed

Hey CWT1

This sounds like an unfortunate case of High utilisation in the area. The best way of explaining this, is that the network can support 'x' number of users, and there are more than 'x' currently using it, so the network can't handle the usage.

High utilisation is extremely complicated, in that it takes a long time to upgrade the network in the areas, as our networks (if you've seen a local exchange, you know what I'm talking about) are very complicated, and isn't unfortunately a case of just swapping a couple of cables.

If you're looking on the Service Status page on my.virginmedia.com, does this give any outage information? Would be worth posting the fault reference if so, so that the forum teams can investigate it quicker for you.

If this is High utilisation then you would be entitled to a month by month credit whilst the issue is ongoing. You can discuss this with the technical teams, by calling 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a virgin media landline.

Let us know whether this is a fault viewable on service status, and the forum teams may be able to give you a bit more info to possibly help (however, if it is utilisation, there isn't an awful lot that can be done unfortunately).
Dan
Views expressed are solely my own, and do not reflect on Virgin Media directly
If however you feel that my answer is helpful or informative, please click the kudos button below!