Menu
On our wavelength
Message 91 of 101 (354 Views)

Re: V6 suggestions.

Blimey. Someone from Swansea rang me today.

V6 software fault - not news - fix date is now on the system, so the forum team should be able to confirm they have the same information. 

They also say they'll compensate for loss of part of the service when they finally get it fixed, and know how long we've put up with it. 

Date for fix 25 Dec... mmmm, that date rings a bell for some reason... ;-)

Tuning in
Message 92 of 101 (334 Views)

I won't hold my breath MamaS 😂😂😂
On our wavelength
Message 93 of 101 (271 Views)

Just made my regular call to second line support to see what the current position is.

Very helpful person there told me that they have no estimated fix date on this as yet BUT the December date is when the next software update is scheduled which may, or may not, include a fix for this problem.

If and when I hear anything more I will let you all know.

Cheers,

Arthur

On our wavelength
Message 94 of 101 (262 Views)

Why in the name of God not all sing from the same hymn sheet?
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 95 of 101 (207 Views)

An exercise in telling callers whatever they think will get them off the phone...?  If they're not planning to do anything before Dec, they can compensate us now for partial loss of service up to Dec 2017 can't they?

naive of nottingham 😂

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 96 of 101 (205 Views)

I believe that is what the notes against the fault reference said as it took over 20 minutes to get that information from them.

I actually think that they have no idea what the problem is and are still investigating.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 97 of 101 (181 Views)

Years ago when VM first installed our BB they also installed a router which was incapable of handling the BB.
An astute Technician discovered this after a few years but VM flatly refused to compensate us!
Their reasoning was that we were getting BB and although we were not getting what we paid for they would NOT compensate us!
Candidly, I wouldn't let them anywhere near our property but my wife refuses to have SKY because of the requirement for a dish which she refuses to have on our property!
Candidly, I am at the end of my tether with this whole business!!
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 98 of 101 (117 Views)

So no update yet from the mysterious VM Forum Team member? 😂😂
Tuning in
Message 99 of 101 (102 Views)

I've just come off the phone with Virgin 2nd line support who have had 'IT' remotely looking at this issue on my V6. According to the update I've been given, this is now registered as a known software fault with the V6 box. I was also told that Virgin have passed the issue to TiVo to address, which will be via a software update, but there is currently no date for when this might be. Not good news!

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 100 of 101 (90 Views)

Only things VM are successful with is extracting hard earned cash from loyal customers and boring us all to death with football piled on football piled on football!
Driving me nuts!!!
0 Kudos