Menu
akirauk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V6 box pre installation questions

Happy new year everyone!!

We have had the tech's out quite a few times over the years due to an erratic Tivo service. Mainly being slow or unresponsive it seems better for a few days afterwards then goes slow again and we just put up with it. To be honest I hadn't heard much about the V6 box until recently but I have been swayed by the 'faster' speeds despite having to buy it to get a better service.

Anyway, the lady in the call centre said that the hub will have to be moved next to the V6 box which is fine but it is currently located upstairs in the office with the main PC. The Tivo box is actually connected via a cable rather than wifi (upon virgins recommendation to try and solve some of the responsiveness of the box, cat6 cable installed by myself approx 15m)

My main query is that we have a cctv system that is also connected to the Hub which will need to stay upstairs in the office, will Virgin re-wire or re-connect it? We had an alarm company install it. If possible I would rather just keep the hub where it is and re-use the existing cable from the Tivo

They aren't coming for a month but Id like to try and get everything sorted or find out what I need to do in regards to having cables moved if poss. I probably should have asked the nice lady on the phone but it never even occurred to me Smiley Sad

Regards

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box pre installation questions

If you already have an Ethernet cable in situ connect the TiVo to your SuperHub, then nothing should change at all.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos