Menu
TomAllati
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

V6 box not recognising my 4K HDR TV

Hi

I have just had a V6 box installed and I am very happy but I notice that the box isn't allowing me to select 2160p display.  My TV is very new (LG55UH850V) so is this a problem with the TV or the V6 box?

Regards

Tom

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box not recognising my 4K HDR TV

Sometimes only some of the HDMI ports can handle 4k, is it in one that can support it? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

..or, perhaps, change your TV's HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour setting?

0 Kudos
trapster
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Is the HDMI cable going from the v6 box straight to the to tv?

i had mine going through a Yamaha amp that has 4K up scaling and 4K throughput and it will not work as the amp is not hdcp 2.2 so I can only choose 1080p but if I go straight to the to tv f I'm the v6 box I can then pick 2160p.

so check to see if your TVs is hdcp 2.2 and if it is check which HDMI port supports this , please don't assume all 4K TVs are the same

0 Kudos
Strangeland16
Up to speed
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I had the same problem I had to go in to my tv settings and there is a option called hdmi 2.0 format which lets me use standard format and enhanced in enhanced the v6 won't show in 4k in standard it will
0 Kudos
TomAllati
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone and thanks for the replies. I will look into them but what doesn't particularly help is that there isn't anything clear in the LG documentation about HDCP 2.2 but I will look again.

Of particular interest is that when I went to iPlayer it asked me to join the UHD trial and proceeded to play the nature video so now I am really confused!
0 Kudos
TomAllati
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Oh and yes the TV is directly connected to the V6 box via HDMI
0 Kudos
trapster
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

i guess the best thing to do is try all of the hdmi connections until one lets you use 2160p (4k) I had a quick google search but could not find much info on which hdmi ports if any are hdcp 2.2, but I pretty much can be certain if the tv is not hdcp 2.2 that's why it wont work, but having said that if its a very recent tv it should be hdcp 2.2 but it may be only one of the inputs.

hope you get it sorted

0 Kudos
PjL
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am guessing that the V6 needs some firmware updates around the HDMI sync as it doesn't recognise your TV as a 4K display.  My V6 wouldn't work consistantly at 1080p.  If you select all video modes under settings on the V6, does that help?  It might then default HD broadcast to 720p but try an online service like YouTube and that should display at 1080p.  Is there an online service that offers 4K?  If so, try that.  My V6 seems to override the TV upscaling and display at a lower res, which is fine I suppose, but a backward step from the old box which allowed the TV to upscale.

Also, have you run the resolution test?  It proves if the V6 will put out a signal, but it doesn't mean that it will allow all thangs to display at that res.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure how you think the V6 can 'override the TV upscaling'?

Surely V6 sends the data to the TV and then the TV upscales that data so I'm not sure how V6 can influence that process?

0 Kudos