Menu
Rabangus
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 Upgrade

Lol - being fed up with the terrible performance of the current box, I thought I would try a new V6 box. On Saturday morning I logged into my account, and went through the screens to order a new V6 box. All seemed to go fine, and I got an email confirmation with an order reference, and confirmation that an engineer would be coming today or tomorrow to install the box, and that a further email would be received to confirm which day.

Having received no further email, I had to arrange to work from home this morning in case the engineer came out today, and I phoned customer services to see if they could confirm which day it would be.

Turns out the order hasn't even been processed - and despite having an order reference the person on the phone couldn't look it up! And the earliest they can get an engineer out to install it is 16 Jan! Classic Virgin!! Why are they letting people choose installation dates on the website that are before they are even going to bother processing the order? Not impressed!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Upgrade

I'd expect the website isn't set up to cater for the duration of manned install which the V6 needs, therefore is showing slots which aren't long enough.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Upgrade

Hi Rabangus,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. I'm really sorry to hear that you've had a problem scheduling in your V6 installation online and can certainly understand how frustrating it is to have to wait until January for your installation.

I'd like to look into why this happened. I'll send you a private message with more information. Please check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team 

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos