Menu
Vfr800a8
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 62
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Netflix App not working

Do you have an Airport Express or Powerline adaptor?  I have connected mine with an Airport Express.

Are the other apps working via wi-fi?

0 Kudos
flamingodan
Joining in
Message 22 of 62
Flag for a moderator

Phoned Netflix after trying pretty much everything.... deleted the whole lot and started again and still getting 5.2.12 error. No idea what to do now... Netflix still not working!

0 Kudos
Nialli
Dialled in
Message 23 of 62
Flag for a moderator

Vfr800a8 wrote:

Do you have an Airport Express or Powerline adaptor?  I have connected mine with an Airport Express.

Are the other apps working via wi-fi? 

YouTube and iPlayer are fine on both V6s - just Netflix failing on the Wi-Fi V6

0 Kudos
smarri
Tuning in
Message 24 of 62
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I haven't replied... I have an update!

I just had a new Superhub 3 delivered and installed, this is factory fresh from the box, nothing changed about the initial configuration and Netflix is still showing the same error when trying to connect.

Can anyone here, who has a V6 box, actually connect to to the Netflix app? 

Simon

0 Kudos
flamingodan
Joining in
Message 25 of 62
Flag for a moderator

I can't and I have given up trying to convince Virgin and Netflix it's not working!! Netflix works on every other device in the house! Even the old TiVo 😀

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 26 of 62
Flag for a moderator

Hi smarri & flamingodan,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear these issue are continuing Smiley Sad 

I may have a work around that seems to have worked for other customers but in order to help you with this I will need some information from you. 

I have sent you both a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
abs4190
Tuning in
Message 27 of 62
Flag for a moderator

I am having similar issues with netflix on the v6. Whenever I tried to play anything last night it would play for a second then stop with a message saying unable to play right now with the same error code other users have experienced. A workaround was using the Netflix app on my phone to cast content to TV via the V6.

I restarted the box and it worked for a short while before the same happened again. .Also, how can I tell the 4k content I'm playing is 4k? When I press the info button nothing shows up?

Can the forum team send me a workaround for Netflix. Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 28 of 62
Flag for a moderator

Hi abs4190,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear this is something you're having an issue with too. Smiley Sad 

I may have a work around that seems to have worked for other customers but in order to help you with this I will need some information from you. I have sent you a private message and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

With regards to not being able to tell what's 4K content on Netflix, this is an issue we're aware of and are working on it. 

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
abs4190
Tuning in
Message 29 of 62
Flag for a moderator

I've just sent you a reply. Thanks
0 Kudos
iftixvii
Joining in
Message 30 of 62
Flag for a moderator

Hi there. Just recieved 2 brand new v6 boxes and a superhub 3, both my tivos wont run netflix and are getting the V312 error. My superhub is my only router and I have tried running off ethernet, still no luck. Anybody found a fix?

0 Kudos