Menu
LdGallifryan
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo V6 Installation on the 13th December.

Hi, I am Getting Dual TiVo V6's installed to Replace 2 TiVo's... My Question is: If you have a TiVo Boxes in Other Locations to your actual Superhub. Can you connect Both V6's to the Superhub Via, Wireless or Power line. As I do not want my Superhub 3.0 Moved! As I have it on a Shelf in my Gaming Room with my Gaming PC's. And my Configuration is:

• TV: Full House (XL) TiVo: (1x 1TB, 1x 500GB)
  • BB: 200Mbps (Vivid Gamer
  • BB Equipment: Superhub 3.0(External RouterAsus RT-AC3200x2 AV500 Netgear Powerline +Plug Socket.
  • PhoneTalk Unlimited Extra Addons: Call Barring, Caller Display, Caller Reject.

• My Superhub is in the -Gaming PC Room- Next door from my Downstairs TiVo
  • My First TiVo is Downstairs -Living Room- (14M of Ethernet Distance). From Superhub.
  • My Second TiVo is Upstairs -Bedroom-, 3 Rooms away (30M of Ethernet Distance). From Superhub
  • Plus my Superhub is in Modem Mode as I use a External Router..

Can someone Reassure me that there's no Challenge's with this V6. As I really Do Not want my Superhub Moved nor do I want Ethernet Cables everywhere.

0 Kudos
GoatWhisperer
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo V6 Installation on the 13th December.

From what i've seen this is just Virgin Media recommendation in order to guarantee speed. I'm planning to just have my V6 connected via wifi as my superhub is upstairs.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Powerline adaptors are an option rather than long Ethernet runs.

Wireless isn't going to be ideal, especially if you want to look at streaming the content between boxes.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi LdGallifryan,

Thanks for your post and concerns regarding how to connect up the new V6 box. 

There are 3 methods that the box can be connected to your hub.

The first method, and our preferred method, is via ethernet cable.  It provides the fastest possible connection and will also be the most reliable Smiley Happy

The second method is via wireless. Although this is a great way to connect, a wifi connection is shared by all connected devices in the home so it's not as stable as a direct connection. 

Finally, the 3rd method is via Powerline adaptors. This can be a convenient way to connect but is our least preferred way as it means bringing in an extra piece of kit. 

It's up to you how you want to connect the V6 to the hub however the one thing to remember is the V6 MUST be connected in one way or another to the hub in order for it to work. 

If you have any further questions or queries, pop back and let us know Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos