cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security certificate error message

birdiegirl1234
Joining in

My mum has just got a v6 box and is unable to view any apps she gets a security certificate message.  Scrolling through all the boards I see a number of people had this issue about 3 weeks ago.  Anyone got any ideas on how to fix? 

135 REPLIES 135

The problem still persists, TV apps don’t work and there is security warning still .

it has been 2 weeks and still not resolved: 

calling customer service for help is useless as they seem oblivious to the problem inspite of numerous calls and the service status states there is an issue!!

Frustrating & I am paying for service that I am not receiving.

crucial
On our wavelength

I have the same problem. I’ve had two engineers out, who replaced my V6 box twice. Over two weeks without apps. IPlayer etc. SS11 postcode. Fix dates come and go, strangely taking my money each month doesn’t seem to be a problem. They never get that wrong!

MrsEmm
On our wavelength

I had a new box installed yesterday and engineer said this problem has been going on for months!  So I now have no access to any Apps, Catch Up.  The service status said sorted by 12.03 today - but of course it is not.  Who can fix this for all us with V6 boxes?  Any thoughts?

crucial
On our wavelength

On the service status website today:

We hope to fix this by 14 March at 7:03

A problem identified and an engineer has been dispatched

You might find that you are not able to access TV Apps on your Virgin Media V6 Box at the moment.. We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible.

Why even bother posting this pointless message???

Alan_B
On our wavelength

TV6 box gave up the ghost and Engineer replaced it....no issues. Then a day later all the Catch Up services no longer work. All go to a screen that says a security problem and that the server cannot identify the virginmedia server address due to incorrect security certificate. Went through all the customer service issues, rebooting box, disconnecting and reconnecting ethernet and wifi.....no success. Engineer dispatched and immediatley he says that he knows of this issue and can't do anything about it as it is an IT issue.  That was a week ago and now we are in limbo with nothing changed. No catchup...  Been waiting on Chat now for 35 minutes with a message saying we are busier than normal, but get this message EVERY time I try to contact (so why not employ some more staff???). My neighbour (a lawyer) says this is fast approaching breach of contract and that consumer laws can be used...what do I do?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

Alan_B
On our wavelength

I have the same......can't get anyone to resolve it or even talk to me about it now. My neighbour (a lawyer) says I could now take legal action but that's a pain to go through....but it is really appalling after all the engineer call outs.

Alan_B
On our wavelength

Also had the same for 10 days now.....there are notes about this going back months. Engineer has been out but can't do anything says it's an IT problem. Have been been through all the connection attempts on Ethernet and Wifi and rebooting etc etc and nothing. And they keep saying there isn't an issue! Well there is!

Alan

I have experienced precisely the same and they dont have an answer precisely as you describe

i have once historically tracked down Virgin Media CEO contact details with similar very serious issue shared by many of my virgin media neighbours and it did then get attention

Alan_B
On our wavelength

Been going on for over a week now......was fine until I had the box changed (previous one had changed). As part of the replacement install the engineer downloads a new image on to the box. I'm suspecting the incorrect image has been provided with incorrect security cert information, giving this issue. So it's a patchwork of individual errors that can now only be fixed by a system wide update.....a mess. Engineers have been out and can't do anything.....say it's an IT issue...shocking service

We have had exactly the same experience only been going on for 2 week. We feel we are just banging our head against a brick wall. Would love to know what we can do to get this sorted. Any suggestions?